Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amazon Kindle

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    I hope you are getting some more sunshine these days in Michigan. Well I went to B&N on Saturday and dragged the poor sales rep into the bright sunshine - it was only 40 degrees out, but very sunny. The Nook Color was easy to read, even with my sunglasses on and it is now officially on my birthday list (April 17th). I asked the sales rep how it would be under a palapa but only got a quizzical look.

Thanks to all for your advice and I can't wait to get my new Nook Color!
    Awesome!!! You will love it! I take mine everywhere I go!

Lightbulb Good Article

No solution, but suggestions nonetheless...
    Eliminate iPad glare

Thumbs up Family Kindle Update

Dh has been having trouble with his wifi connection because the other computers in the house are working fine he knew it was the device itself. He phoned amazon and they are sending a new kindle 2nd day air.

If you own a kindle make sure you check for free books daily

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...text/154606011

And...today, "Water for Elephants" is only $4.17 AND
    "Team Secrets Of The Navy Seals"
    is FREE today!

Dh has also been using Lendle for free books
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.

I received my vacation vault today! I was hoping my Kindle would fit in it (it doesn't) but that's ok, I think I'm going to take an old fashioned paperback and not worry about damaging the Kindle.

I finally got my Nook Color a few weeks ago as a birthday gift and i am loving it. I bought a glare "film" and have been reading it in the backyard on sunny days. i can't wait to sit under my palapa and start reading away. Plan to load up on ebooks before i leave and leave the paperbacks behind. Thanks to all for your advice-no0w i just need to keep the suntan lotion off of the screen

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    I finally got my Nook Color a few weeks ago as a birthday gift and i am loving it. I bought a glare "film" and have been reading it in the backyard on sunny days. i can't wait to sit under my palapa and start reading away. Plan to load up on ebooks before i leave and leave the paperbacks behind. Thanks to all for your advice-no0w i just need to keep the suntan lotion off of the screen
    Just curious...how many books are you loading up with for your trip? I'm finding I read a lot more than I used to! I've had to start enjoying some of the free books to give my credit card a break. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Just curious...how many books are you loading up with for your trip? I'm finding I read a lot more than I used to! I've had to start enjoying some of the free books to give my credit card a break. LOL
    I will probably have 3 or 4 loaded for the trip, although my whole family will be here for this trip so I will have less solitary time on my hands. The ebooks do get expensive and i think I need to start downloading from the public library. Thanks for your advice on the Nook Color as i do love it, especially with the new software update.

If you work at it, there are a good number of free books out there right now. We have found though that with the kindle, you need to check daily to see what is available. What might be free today, may be $9.99 tomorrow or vice versa. I have about 30 free books right now.

Kindle use in Aruba??

Thinking about buying a Kindle. What I'd like to know is when staying at a timeshare that offers wi-fi, can you download books to a Kindle or do you need to download your books before leaving home? If you can download while in Aruba, are there any additional charges (international charges or surcharges) besides the cost of the book?

Also, can local New York/New Jersey daily newspapers be downloaded to a Kindle when in Aruba? My husband would love to read our local newspapers when on vacation. If so, what kind of charges are incurred?

If anyone has any advice on which Kindle to purchase, which will be used mainly while traveling please feel free to recommend!!

Arrow There is tons of Kindle info

Amazon Kindle

Our family has 3- Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

I will get the exact answers to your questions from dh if no one else replies.

For protection from sand etc. for $20 a good investment towards our more expensive kindle investment, we purchased TrendyDigital WaterGuard Plus Waterproof Case with Padding for Kindle 3

"WaterGuard protects against water, dust, dirt, sand and frost"

Here is a demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0UHtgL-Rc At 1:51 into the video they show the protected opening with the double zip closure. Further into the demo they show what happens when the case is dropped in water. We surely do not plan on dropping it into the pool, but sitting poolside, say dangling your legs over the side, sitting on the swim out on pool steps, you never know when there is going to be an accident or even splashing. It is also good protection when resting the kindle on your lap with a wet bathing suit. I have trashed numerous books in that fashion.

Here is the submersion test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0UHtgL-Rc

We also purchased the Kindle Lighted Leather Cover We purchased them to protect the screen when not in use, but use the lights frequently for reading in bed or in the car at night on long distance drives.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-28-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast