Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amazon Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i asked a couple of the folks about the glare and they all said no problem!

liz..........arubalover........also has one and i think she may have complained of glare issues.

sand........no clue. (per usual)

Will probably be good on the plane. I wouldn't take it to the beach, probably at the pool though. Mainly just need to E-mail home & thought I could use it in the room. I just ordered one a few days ago that you can go online & read books. Thought it would be better than taking my laptop since Wi Fi E-reader is smaller.

Thanks Arubalisa, just checked out the thread. Interesting, I ordered one and will try it in Aruba in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    After posting and walking away from the computer I remembered this thread

Electronic book readers

Google "3M Gold Privacy Screen". They remove something like 90% of the glare. I have one for my laptop and can use it in bright sunlight. They size them to everything from desktop computer screens down to cellphones so I am sure they have them for all the E Readers too.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    Google "3M Gold Privacy Screen".
    Thank you, I will surely check it out!

The Kindle is known for not having glare in the sun. I will be testing that theory in a week.

As far as water/sand issues I purchased a waterproof case for mine. More so for sand/suntan lotion concerns than water. I purchased it Amazon - the company is Trendydigital.

Please DO let us know how you make out after you return.

My wife and I both have the Kindle. We bring them with us every time we travel. They are fantastic! No glare at all. Very easy to read. And if you get the 3G International ones, you can access the internet on them for FREE in Aruba, but it is slow. Last December when I was there, I was able to log on to Facebook with it, and harass all my friends at home when it was 85 and sunny in Aruba, and they got a record snow fall That being said, WiFi will be much faster if you get that. We are bringing a netbook with us this time. Last time we brought my giant notebook to check emails and stay in touch with family.

We have had our Kindles for just over a year. I have read more books in that year than I have in the last 20 years. It's so easy and convenient. I can't recommend them enough.

I used my Kindle in July in Aruba and had no problems. When I was on the beach and not using it, I kept it in a ziplock bag. I also had it in a case. It was great because I downloaded 5 books before I left home and only had to carry my kindle.

mac

kindle

what foes it cost to download books? i can buy a paperbook for $5 at costco. is it worth it?

Aruba since 1979
    go to www.amazon.com

some of the downloads of books are relatively inexpensive <$5, but some are over $10.
    many find it worth it.
    many do not.
    personal preference.
    my son and dil both love theirs.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast