Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amazon Kindle

Aruba since 1979
    paul has the NOOK and reads the boston globe daily in the sun by the pool.
    no glare.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Jeff, I live in Michigan, need I say more?! LOL
    We don't have much sun this time of year and I just got it at Christmas.
    I will say, I have read it while sitting in my vehicle and as long as I brightened the screen it was fine. Sunshine with sunglasses on might be a different story. Sorry I can't really tell you what you want to know.

Thanks Andrea. Is it the Nook Color? That's the one the I hear has "sun" problems.

Jeff, this would only work if you live in an area that gets bright sunshine, but you might want to ask the Nook clerk at B&N if they'll take a Nook Color outside for you to test in the sun. From what I've heard, people are able to read with the Nook Color in the sun by adjusting the contrast, but they get some reflective glare.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Jeff, this would only work if you live in an area that gets bright sunshine, but you might want to ask the Nook clerk at B&N if they'll take a Nook Color outside for you to test in the sun. From what I've heard, people are able to read with the Nook Color in the sun by adjusting the contrast, but they get some reflective glare.
    Good suggestion Corona. I'll stop by B&N at lunch on a sunny day if it ever stops snowing in NJ. I'm hoping to use the Nook at the beach in Aruba and down the Jersey shore as well as in the backyard.

Aruba since 1979
    paul's is not color.
    but a woman at the pool has the color version and says NO glare on hers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Good suggestion Corona. I'll stop by B&N at lunch on a sunny day if it ever stops snowing in NJ. I'm hoping to use the Nook at the beach in Aruba and down the Jersey shore as well as in the backyard.
    I hope that works out for you, and that you get a good dose of sunshine soon. My husband just got home from a business trip to NY/NJ, and he said there was snow!

I was in Best Buy a few weeks ago, and I noticed they had both Nook and Kindle for sale. Although I already have an e-reader, it was interesting to compare them side by side.
    Next Aruba trip in

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I took my Nook Color with me to the park this afternoon and the sun was shining! I did have to increase the brightness and once I did that I could easily see/read. However, I couldn't see it with my sunglasses on.
    It's amazing how a little sunshine boosts the spirit!

I have Nextbook 3 and it works very well in the sun. Absolutely no glare.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemay View Post
    Has anyone used a Wi Fi E reader in Aruba? Was thinking of bringing one to send and receive my E-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I took my Nook Color with me to the park this afternoon and the sun was shining! I did have to increase the brightness and once I did that I could easily see/read. However, I couldn't see it with my sunglasses on.
    It's amazing how a little sunshine boosts the spirit!
    I hope you are getting some more sunshine these days in Michigan. Well I went to B&N on Saturday and dragged the poor sales rep into the bright sunshine - it was only 40 degrees out, but very sunny. The Nook Color was easy to read, even with my sunglasses on and it is now officially on my birthday list (April 17th). I asked the sales rep how it would be under a palapa but only got a quizzical look.

Thanks to all for your advice and I can't wait to get my new Nook Color!
    Last edited by jeffnev; 03-28-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Congrats Jeff!!! You're going to love your Nook, I'm sure. I absolutely adore my e-reader, and it was wonderful to have several book options at my fingertips while basking in the wonderful Aruba sunshine.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast