Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Honestly, I thought imo, it very ho-hum and un-remarkable. Probably the worst yet.

Hopefully tonight the REAL fun will begin?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I hope AI starts getting better. I am embarassed to say I feel asleep in the chair last show last week. Its always been fun watching, so I hope it gets better. There's some talented kids out there. Heard from my 2 daughters on the way to school today that Taylor Hicks got thrown off the label, whatever that means. Jordan Sparks is so talented, but I think she has alot on her plate so maybe we won't see to much of her. We went to 2 idol concerts and they weren't that good, but the kids wanted to go, so off we went. They were happy to just get T shirt. Anyway, after my rambling, I hope the new show picks up some steam.

From our ATL local AI Buzz Blog:
    From part of an interview by TV Guide with Daughtry:
    "TV Guide: What do you think about the guy who won your season, Taylor Hicks, getting dropped by his label?
    Daughtry: I think major labels are not for everybody. For some [art ists], their vision of how they are creatively doesnít quite fit the commercial aspect of the music. Hope fully Taylor will get an independent deal where heís able to be who he is. Because the stuff I heard from his solo projects didnít quite sound like the stuff that he put out on the major label."

Off his blog, Chris Sligh has a good read, even if you are not a fan of his (sorry I'm not a fan of his ). http://frommymindtoyoureyes.blogspot.com/2008/01/open-letter-to-this-years-top-24.html

AI geek all the way !!! Watch it from the try outs unil the very end.....Can't wait to see who makes it this year.....Bet my husband last season the SilverFox would win and he didn't believe me.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Michelle, You'll have to give us your bet this year...you were right last year !

<<<<spoiler warning>>>>

I live in the Eastern time zone, so never read my posts on idol nights unless you have seen that night's episode.
    She will not win, but my favorite is Brooke White.

Josiah Leming took a big chance by dissing the band and imo, got what he deserved. If he had gotten into the top 24, Hollywood would have chewed him up and spit him out.

What was the name of the girl who sold her horse to audition?

My hunk of the season? Michael Lee Johns, the hunk with the Aussie accent.

Lisa, You're good. I can't remember their names, just what they sang or what they looked like. I like that blond girl, kinda like carly simon. You're right, she's good, but won't win. Tuff luck for Josiah, he screwed himself. I also like that 16 yr old boy, name?, but he's cute.
    I didn't fall asleep this time...ya!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Lisa, You're good. I can't remember their names, just what they sang or what they looked like. I like that blond girl, kinda like carly simon. You're right, she's good, but won't win. Tuff luck for Josiah, he screwed himself. I also like that 16 yr old boy, name?, but he's cute.
    I didn't fall asleep this time...ya!
    Yay! Cindy stayed awake, that IS a good sign. 16 yo? Are you thinking David Archuleta or Danny Norriega? Norriega reminds me of Sanjaya, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    What was the name of the girl who sold her horse to audition?

Okay, this has to be her, Kristy Lee Cook.

So what does everyone think so far?

I still like Brooke and Michael, though neither will win.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast