Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My thoughts so far....Glad that little dweeb is gone whatever his name is, Rosy O'Donnell can have him. LOVE brook and micheal. Don't particularly like that archeletta kid from Star Search. He doesn't seem to be getting any better, just stays the same...though he is a cute litte guy.
    Wish Miss "country" whatever her name is got booted off last nite. See, I don't remember their names, only their songs. I d like Jason, but not his hair...whats growning in those dreads...creeps me out.

Yeah, if you want to be flamboyant, that is fine, but Danny Noriega was a little too arrogant for my taste. You don't dis Simon, he is the one with who you are signing the record contract. He's not making $40 million a year doing Idol for no reason at all. BTW, the group's that Simon has signed have sold more albums/cds than Bruce Springsteen has in his entire career. That is why Simon makes more money than Bruce. Just a little trivia...

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!

Wink

We watch too, its like you can't help it and I'm not a reality show fan.
    I think Brooke is very talented and adorable. Michael is the Aussie right? He's cute but not in love w/ his song choices. Jason another cutie w/ beautiful eyes but I'd like to see him do something different. My 13 year old daughter thinks he's hot. The two rocker girls are great, and can they belt it out! The one w/ the two toned hair, is it me or does she show NO emotion? She seems so guarded. I don't think I like that in her. I'm glad Christie rocked out this past week. David A...sweet, great voice..seems like nothing is changing but he is very talented God bless him.
    Kristi, well they said do country, shes beautiful and will do something county in life.
    The other rocker guy, I like him alot...not the cutest but I love his spin on songs...he's like another Daughtry. Chekezie..he is great too...really showed another side to himself the other night and I thought it was great.
    Little Whitney Houston will say good-bye this week unless she can pull something good off. Glad Danny is gone, and I can totally see Rosie going after him to "help".
    Honestly, I give everyone credit for getting up there and esp for the parents cause I would have a VERY hard time sitting while someone said something negative to one of my kids even if it was the truth.
    That is my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by corinne17 View Post
    The one w/ the two toned hair, is it me or does she show NO emotion? She seems so guarded. I don't think I like that in her.
    Not just you for sure. There are two theories about her on AI. One is that she is still there because she's a biker chick and the Hell's Angels are all voting for her. Two is that now that Danny Noriega is gone, Amanda Overmyer is the choice of votefortheworst.com. Imo, her singing to me is nothing short of screaming.

Lisa wrote: Norriega reminds me of Sanjaya, ugh.

UGH, thank god he's gone. I couldn't take the cockiness and flamboyant attitude anymore - he was over the top.

We LOVE Brooke, however, I'm not sure how far she'll get. My favorite of the girls is Carly because IMO, I don't think there's a note she can't hit. I do love Michael Johns too. Chikezie was amazing this week, and David Hernandez was quite shocked he was voted off...if you noticed, he said "WOW". The other girls just aren't really doing it for me. I think it's time for a guy to win this year, which reminds me, what the heck happened to Taylor Hicks? The runners up of that season have done much better than he did.

Amanda drives me to drink with the screaming. God forbid they have a Barry Manilow week! She'd be screwed for sure. She is indeed being kept on, as Sanjaya was last year, by votefortheworst.com.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Amanda's hair has to go...its drives me crazy. I'd be scared sh_ _less if she showed up at my house as a nurse with that hairdo and color. Looks like a skunk. Ya, the screaming has to stop. I just can't picture her singing a sweet sounding song.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Amanda's hair has to go...its drives me crazy. I'd be scared sh_ _less if she showed up at my house as a nurse with that hairdo and color. Looks like a skunk.
    In our house she is...

Cruella Deville

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    ahaha, that's for sure...!!!
    I forgot all about the vote for the worst...

LMAO Lisa! Cruella - that's her for sure!!!!!!

I guarantee those AI stylists have been DYING to get their hands on her hair, and she's not budging. I bet they'd love to get a hold of Jason's dreadlocks too!

I think this pretty much sums up who the most popular contestants are this season.
    Thank goodness , Amanda is not one of them.

http://idolingalong.blogspot.com/2008/03/idol-on-itunes.html
    "Here's the top ten overall downloads as of 9 a.m. Saturday, March 15:
    1. Imagine (David Archuleta)
    2. Hello (David Cook)
    3. Hallelujah (Jason Castro)
    4. Let it Be (Brooke White)
    5. Eleanor Rigby (David Cook)
    6. Love is a Battlefield (Brooke White)
    7. Another Day in Paradise (David Archuleta)
    8. Come Together (Carly Smithson)
    9. If I Fell (Jason Castro)
    10. Daydream (Jason Castro)

And just to have a bit more fun, let's isolate only the first finals episode, the memorable night of Lennon and McCartney music.
    1. Let it Be (Brooke White)
    2. Eleanor Rigby (David Cook)
    3. Come Together (Carly Smithson)
    4. If I Fell (Jason Castro)
    5. She's a Woman (Chikezie) - #11 overall
    6. Across the Universe (Michael Johns) - #12 overall
    7. We Can Work it Out (David Archuleta) - #16 overall
    8. You Can't Do That (Amanda Overmyer) - #29 overall
    9. In My Life (Ramiele Malubay) - #30 overall
    10. Eight Days a Week (Kristy Lee Cook) - #40 overall
    11. I Saw Her Standing There (David Hernandez) - #47 overall
    12. Got to Get You Into My Life (Syesha Mercado) - #58 overall"