Thread: American Idol

This year's mentors were just announced:

Dolly Parton
    Mariah Carey
    Andrew Lloyd Weber
    Neil Diamond

WOW!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Good bye Amanda...time for a makeover.....Carly get rid of that arm tatoo, its discusting; Christy, you're very prettty, but totally untalented; Jason, I love your smile, hair ugh, ;Brook, you a fabuous, David Cook, you are great....David Archuletta, all your songs sound the same...

...back to the bars for Amanda.

Got this from one of the Idol blogs:
    "NEXT WEEK’S THEME: Music from the year they were born. Here are the years I gleaned from the Web: Michael Johns (1978), David Cook (1982), Carly Smithson, Brooke White (1983) Kristy Lee Cook (1984), Chikezie (1985), Syesha Mercado, Jason Castro, Ramiele Malubay (1987) and David Archuleta (1990)."

I love music from the 80's and I am pretty sure the producers will only allow them to choose shall we say, "more well known" songs, so should be a fun night.

Overall I was pretty happy with the top 10. What's up with Archuleta's raspy breaths when he is singing? I know he has been #1 (teeny boppers ), but to me that habit is just way too distracting.

Goodbye Cruella! Carly remains my favorite, tattoos or not. I don't think it has any reflection on the kind of person she is because I do think she seems very sweet. To me her voice is the strongest among the women, but that's just my opinion.

Lisa, the breaths AND the licking of the lips with Archuletta! My daughter said something about that the other night.

I'm quite surprised they threw Dolly Parton into the mix. I'm pretty sure Amanda would NOT have done well with any of those mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by janlel View Post
    Lisa, the breaths AND the licking of the lips with Archuletta! My daughter said something about that the other night.
    I do have to admit that I tried to listen to him closely the other night and perhaps the music coaches are working with him on this because it did not seem quite as pronounced. BUT, especially now that I know I am not the only one, it still amazes me that none of the judges have asked him to work on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by janlel View Post
    I'm quite surprised they threw Dolly Parton into the mix. I'm pretty sure Amanda would NOT have done well with any of those mentors.
    I never even thought of that! Amanda singing 9 -5? <<OUCH>>

Boy oh boy, was I disappointed and surprised that Brooke was in the bottom three.

Can't say I am sorry that Ramiel(sp?) is gone. She was good, but not great. I thought for sure she'd be balling more than she did, and perhaps collapse. Her hair drives me crazy, show that pretty face girl !!!Thank goodness that Brooke made it thru. I am sick of Archuletta, all I can think of everytime he gets up is,"Au, Gee folks", goofy little dweeeb....I am not saying he' not talented, I can't see him in the big picture. I love David cook, husband doesn't . Good bye Christee lee, pretty, but not keeping up with the heavy hitters. My vote for winner is David cook or brooke.

Last night? Imo, best night of the season thus far. Only song I did not like was David Cook...Still not crazy about Archuletta, but love the Robbie Wiliams song. Syesha going tomorrow night??????????????

goodbye sayesha...david cook you worry me, not good last nite, archelata(sp?) please go work at Disney World on their stage..Brookie could have been a little better, but i still like her..

I do not watch the show, but I read bits and pieces, you guys are lacking in your posting!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast