Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Idol

Arubalisa, you're picking my stocks from now on.

Did you, per chance, vote 12,000,001 times?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lisa says..FWIW, Cook's mom (that was her right?) going up on the stage creeped me out. He is not "Archie". I thought Cook was supposed to be a "big" boy.

Yah, that was kinda wierd. Maybe she needed her 1 minute of fame.
    Isn't david cooks brother sick? Cancer? My daughter was telling me this, but I had never heard it before.

Anyway, I have new faith in American Idol.

Aruba since 1979
    honestly i was hoping the "little lap dog" would have won as i would have enjoyed reading all of the rantings!
    you guys crack me up.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Lisa says..FWIW, Cook's mom (that was her right?) going up on the stage creeped me out. He is not "Archie". I thought Cook was supposed to be a "big" boy.

Yah, that was kinda wierd. Maybe she needed her 1 minute of fame.
    Isn't david cooks brother sick? Cancer? My daughter was telling me this, but I had never heard it before.

Yah, that was kinda wierd. Maybe she needed her 1 minute of fame. Isn't david cooks brother sick? Cancer? My daughter was telling me this, but I had never heard it before.
    Yes, it is true about the cancer. From what I have read, it is terminal. It is that brother's initial which appear on Cook's guitar. He is too "fragile" to travel commerical and requires the assistance of a medic. In April for Mariah Carey night, his brother was able to attend. The Board of Directors at Clarian Health in Indianapolis paid for the medic, nurse and Leer jet transportation while a local Terre Haute radio station paid for the hotel stay.

"David Cook's ailing brother to attend finale
    May 20, 2008
    FROM SUN-TIMES WIRES
    http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/people/960303,idolbro052008.article
    David Cook’s brother, Adam, will be in the American Idol audience to watch the final two shows, according to the celebrity news show "Extra."

Adam Cook, 36, is currently being treated for his second diagnosis of brain cancer, which has spread to his spine, according to Indian's Tribune Star newspaper.

He will travel from Terre Haute, Ind., to Los Angeles to watch David compete in the nationally televised singing competition.

"Extra" reports Adam and his wife, Kendra, flew to L.A. Monday morning on a chartered medical jet, accompanied by a nurse.

Throughout the season, the letters “AC” have appeared on David's guitar as a tribute to his brother."

I don't know who paid for last night's visit.

New faith in Americian Idol is an excellent point. I have a lot of respect for Simon Cowell and what he has accomplished and he looked so happy after the announcement I can only think he was adding up the $$$ HE had just bagged in his mind. Thus knew it was a good choice.

I bet you $5 that BMG WILL sign "Archie" as well anyway. Unless, of course Archie's dad finds a better offer. Maybe he has the experience to produce and manufacturer a CD himself and then get a distrubution deal with Wal-Mart. Heh, if the Eagles can do it, why not Archie's Dad? <<tongue in cheek laughing myself silly>>

Did you know that Cowell is quite a generous man? His favorite charities are children's and animal rescue causes. He is a big supporter at "home" of the RSCPA.

"Cowell Is Cancer Girl's 'Guardian Angel'
    Updated:12:42, Wednesday March 19, 2008
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1309963,00.html
    Simon Cowell has thrown off his 'Mr Nasty' television image by declaring himself the 'guardian angel' of a young cancer sufferer.

Simon Cowell: Not so nastyThe X Factor and American Idol judge was so moved by the story of Madelaine Stoen that he even paid off her parents' mortgage.

Cowell met Minnesota couple Amy and Randy Stoen while appearing on the Oprah Winfrey show in the US.

They have to travel more than 100 miles everyday to get treatment for Madelaine, who suffers from a particularly aggressive form of cancer.

Cowell heard how the family were struggling with their finances before announcing that he had taken care of their £80,000 [$162,000] mortgage.

"It doesn't stop there," he said. "If there's any problem, I'm her guardian angel now."

"I didn't know what to do in this situation other than to do something which I hope will help your situation."

The donation is not Cowell's first philanthropic gesture.

Earlier this year, it was revealed the music mogul will leave £90m [approx. $180 million of his estimated $200 million worth] to a number of charities in his will."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    honestly i was hoping the "little lap dog" would have won as i would have enjoyed reading all of the rantings!
    you guys crack me up.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you guys crack me up.
    andrea
    Little lap dog was so programmed that he didn't even realize he'd lost....just kept smiling away!

His Daddy probably beat the daylights out of him last night.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    His Daddy probably beat the daylights out of him last night.
    You know, the same thought went through my mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12