Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie from Cape Cod!

Quote Originally Posted by SUSIE View Post
    what wek are staying at the Tamarijn I will be at the Divi 3/15 to 3/27 with three other couples come join us Susie
    Susie, We ( 3 couples) are arriving March 23rd and staying until the 30th!

Just do not tell anyone of the residents only tunnel!

The Rotary is gone???? Wow, I remember a lot of hairy trips around it. Also remember walking over the sagamore bridge to get an ice cream on the other side. Really scary when your 10.

My sister had a friend from overseas visit one summer, and she asked about the railroad bridge. My Dad told her the train went up one side, across, and down the other. She believed it, and when my sister tried to tell her the middle actually came down to let the rrain go across, she thought she was joking. I wonder if she still doesn't believe it.

Lot of great memories from there. I remember going clamming, and my folks expecting company, so they'd leave the house unlocked, and a note on the door telling them when we'd be back, and to make themselves at home...bet you can't do that nowadays.

Aruba since 1979

going to move this over to "off topic " section.
    :-)
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by damnyankeeuk View Post
    The Rotary is gone???? Wow, I remember a lot of hairy trips around it. Also remember walking over the sagamore bridge to get an ice cream on the other side. Really scary when your 10.

My sister had a friend from overseas visit one summer, and she asked about the railroad bridge. My Dad told her the train went up one side, across, and down the other. She believed it, and when my sister tried to tell her the middle actually came down to let the rrain go across, she thought she was joking. I wonder if she still doesn't believe it.

Lot of great memories from there. I remember going clamming, and my folks expecting company, so they'd leave the house unlocked, and a note on the door telling them when we'd be back, and to make themselves at home...bet you can't do that nowadays.

Not a problem, I guess there are more people here somehow "connected" to the Cape than I thought!

With the Snow and Rain falling right now, I can't wait to get out of here!!!

Aruba since 1979
    how much snow u expecting skippy?
    here in waterville maine, partly cloudy no snow expected.

Storm has been pretty much a bust. It is now snowing very hard with about a 1/2" on the ground with visibility about 1/4 mile. They are saying now about 4 - 8".

Aruba since 1979
    a dud!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Wow! a lot of us Cape Codders here! I'm from North Falmouth. First trip to Aruba was April 2007, we stayed at Bucutti for a week, and loved the island! Picked up rental car at the airport, had so much fun exploring, beaching in the afternoon, and eating at different restaurants every night!
    Went with Austalian cousin and his wife. We're all going again this year in March as soon as they arrive here, and this time will stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree for two weeks! I am soooo psyched to get away from all this bitter cold, wind, and snow. Anyone from the Cape going to be there March 17 - 30? Would be fun to meet up! Windy and Dick Smith, and Peter and Jennifer Smith (the Aussies!)

Hello Windy, we are going March 23-30 staying at the Tamarijn. Another couple traveling with us are staying at the Holiday Inn!! The other couple staying wiht us at the Tamarijn, her mom was from North Falmouth, lived on Pine St. before she passed away. Her dad's side is all from Falmouth!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast