Aruba Beach

Thread: Anyone been to Barcelona??

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Anyone been to Barcelona??

Looking for some tips/travel ideas from anyone who has been there?

I am concerned about the pick pockets, anyone have any ideas on travel security not attracting pick pocketers.

I have been to Barcelona, it is a city well worth seeing!

Stayed at La Rambla (main street), and never felt unsafe, even in the middle of the night. Have been reading the warnings though, and I guess common sense is the key; take the same precautions you would in any other big city..

For sightseeing the "hop on - hop off" buses are very convenient. There are so many things to see!

On a different note I think Madrid is a nicer city to visit in Spain.

Thanks....Princess....

GHM
    I visited Barcelona three years ago. It is a wonderful city, with great food, terrific sightseeing, and friendly people. The Sagrada Familia (cathedral) by Gaudi is a must see, as is Gaudi's Casa Mila Pedrera (basically a large building that demonstrates his unusual architecture). Also, try a local tapas bar.

I agree, the city hop on hop off sightseeing buses are a great way to get a feel of the city. You pay one fee (I can't remember what, but it was very reasonable) and you can then get a tour of the city, getting off wherever you want to. We stayed on for a whole circuit and then knew where to get off second time around!

As for pickpockets, it is the same for any city. Keep alert in busy areas, keep bags closed, wallets in inside pockets, etc. A money belt is always a good idea, as this can be worn inside clothing. However, we felt very safe in Barcelona and did not experience any problems at all.

We stayed on the outskirts of the city at a Hilton, but I would recommend a central hotel, as that is where we spent most of our time.

Loads of information on http://www.barcelona.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by GHM View Post
    I visited Barcelona three years ago. It is a wonderful city, with great food, terrific sightseeing, and friendly people. The Sagrada Familia (cathedral) by Gaudi is a must see, as is Gaudi's Casa Mila Pedrera (basically a large building that demonstrates his unusual architecture). Also, try a local tapas bar.

I agree, the city hop on hop off sightseeing buses are a great way to get a feel of the city. You pay one fee (I can't remember what, but it was very reasonable) and you can then get a tour of the city, getting off wherever you want to. We stayed on for a whole circuit and then knew where to get off second time around!

As for pickpockets, it is the same for any city. Keep alert in busy areas, keep bags closed, wallets in inside pockets, etc. A money belt is always a good idea, as this can be worn inside clothing. However, we felt very safe in Barcelona and did not experience any problems at all.

We stayed on the outskirts of the city at a Hilton, but I would recommend a central hotel, as that is where we spent most of our time.

Loads of information on http://www.barcelona.com/.
    Thanks so much !