Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aruba on My TV on Demand

Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post
    Commercial free really way to go. Will have to get router soon, just not sure which one. Called Direct TV and was told after I purchased one they would connect it but didn't know what one I should buy.
    I asked dh and he said...

"we have a linksys, but the dvr will only work if it is wired into it... so it needs to be near it OR direct tv may have a wireless part they could add to the dvr so it is wireless."

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I asked dh and he said...

"we have a linksys, but the dvr will only work if it is wired into it... so it needs to be near it OR direct tv may have a wireless part they could add to the dvr so it is wireless."
    Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

I called Direct tv today and was told they do not sell or supply what I need. Was told to call them after I purchase what I need and they will send someone to connect it.

Was told to connect ethernet cable to the ethernet port on DVR receiver and other end to a wireless router. I have a Westell 6100 modem, it is not wireless. Have to find out if a wireless router can work with my wired modem. I will buy a Linksys router as I was told they are very good.

More info I "extracted" from him

You need

1) a wireless router w/ 4 ethernet ports on the back.
    2) the modem needs to be near the router
    3) the phone line is plugged into the modem then the cable that came with the router plugged into the internet port of the router and the other in the modem.
    4) the router and modem need to be near the DVR so you can plug the category 5 cable into the DVR and then the router.
    5) if the router is NOT near the DVR you need to call direct tv to see if they have a wireless adapter made for the DVR.

Once all this is done they need to go to the network settings on the DVR....

Thank you both for your help. I will get a router some time today and follow your directions. Will let you know if I was able to connect it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    More info I "extracted" from him

You need

1) a wireless router w/ 4 ethernet ports on the back.
    2) the modem needs to be near the router
    3) the phone line is plugged into the modem then the cable that came with the router plugged into the internet port of the router and the other in the modem.
    4) the router and modem need to be near the DVR so you can plug the category 5 cable into the DVR and then the router.
    5) if the router is NOT near the DVR you need to call direct tv to see if they have a wireless adapter made for the DVR.

Once all this is done they need to go to the network settings on the DVR....

Checked this just now and it looks like the weather in Aruba was beautiful today.
    The cam also picks up the morning zoom if you have friends staying at the Bucuti who are going to show up to wave at you.

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    I have Verizon Fios..I am jealous, I just check I don't see anything cool like what you have Lisa!

Life got even better today.

Direct TV now offers the ability to view youtube videos on your TV (requires an internet connection).

Now we can watch 5000+ aruba videos on demand on our TV

PRICELESS

I watch the Bucuti cameras a couple times a day to get my Aruba fix.

Thanks for the Directv info. I am getting off the computer now to go check it out. ;o)

The Aruba Tourism Authority alone has 60+ videos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast