Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Aruba4ever's Vow Renewal Ring

Love it.. surprising her on the anniversary is so romantic...
    It will an evening she will not forget.

Very sweet idea

I picked my renewal ring - it wasn't that I had to wait to see it, I just had to wait to wear it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I like surprises and this will be a huge surprise from left field. How long did you have to wait? Was it weeks or months?

Surprises are awesome....just not for me! lol I'm annoying (control freak maybe) It was months. We had planned the renewal in January and casually looked for a ring everywhere I went. I'm going to guess it was around March or April that I found it and took Rich to check it out. He liked it, but wanted a better center stone so had it replaced and I didn't get to see that. He kept it hidden until our renewal in August. My poor husband doesn't ever get to surprise me with anything.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    surprises are not awesome for me either.....my problem is , is my reaction.
    i hate surprises.....i hate them because of the way i react.

i wish that i could be trusted to handle a surprise appropriately.

(my bridal shower =disaster, a 40th birthday =disaster those idiots did not remember the bridal shower, and a couple of other times it turned horrific)

i am envious of those who can handle surprises appropriately.

I'm not crazy about surprises either but can generally fake it. Also, Tom would never be able to surprise me with jewelry since we have such different tastes. I would probably end up returning it which, of course, would ruin the memory!

My husband says I'm impossible to surprise because I keep a tight reign on our finances. I've told him ways around it and cards of his that we don't use that I don't check often but so far he hasn't made use of them. We shopped together for my engagement ring because I never wear jewelry and even I didn't know what I liked or sizes or anything. That worked in his favor because I picked a smaller diamond than he would have bought. In the end though, he picked a different ring than we looked at but I love it much more so he did good and it was a nice surprise. I did give him every jewelry store ad or coupon that came in the mail during the time we were looking...lol.

I cannot keep surprises secret, I am the worst. I could never surprise him with a trip or party or anything because I have a big mouth. Case in point, bought some personalized beer koozies for our whole beach group for his 40th bday celebration in July, but told him 2 days after I placed the order.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I don't like surprises either.. but can plan a great one for anyone.
    As for jewelry Lou picks up the best stuff... but I rarely wear them due to work related. All sit in a safe deposit box at the bank.
    My favorite ring is a very cheap plan gold band (had to get for nursing school). Just the other day I told Lou if I sold all of
    my jewelry I can buy a house in Aruba...lol now I would appreciate that more.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    My husband does not like to surprise me, he prefers it if I pick out the jewelry. With our wedding bands: we both were looking together and when I discovered the perfect one, a bit exotic, very beautiful, a bit expensive, that were the ones we both agreed on. We as well organized our wedding together and it was lots of fun. The only surprise was for my husband: my wedding gown! He saw me in it while I was walking down the aisle.

I'm very good in keeping secrets and preparing surprises. And I have no problem at all getting a surprise and waiting for the right time, even if it's weeks or months away.

My husband is the same. One of his biggest surprises for me was a surprise birthday party while we were visiting his family. He kept it completely hidden from me until we opened to door to his sister's home which was filled with family and friends, nicely decorated and everyone shouted: SURPRISE! And sung the Happy Birthday song! Great memories!

My wife did describe what she wanted long ago for our vow renewal and I went out and found the nicest one I could. She enjoys me picking out jewelry for her. I purchased her diamond engagement ring without any help, her diamond earrings as well, we picked our wedding bands together and now this ring. I am 100% convinced she will love it and can't wait to see it on her hand.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast