Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Arubalisa - We Await Reports From Aruba

We are here until Tuesday. After today, I am doing nothing but reading the rest of my Irving Berline biography!!!! while lounging on the beach!!!

http://www.arubahelitours.com/ We did the island tour. http://www.arubahelitours.com/island-tour.php More money, but you see much more as well. The pictures look pretty fabulous. Cannot wait to share them. Honestly dd and I are afraid of heights. She was scared and I was excited. I told her to just think of it as a low flying airplane ride and and she was fine.

Now just waiting for our friends to finish breakfast. We rented a Toyota Highlander and the the other couple just announced they would like to go to the Natural Pool. Imho, the kids will tire of riding around before we get that far...

We LOVED the helicopter tour but haven't done it since 2003 when they first started it. Might have to do it again this year.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner tonight!!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

RE: Helicopter tour. Use good aviation judgement regarding wind and weather. Always do your checklist. This said to me by my first flight instructor who also said, I can teach you to fly, but I can't teach you wisdom.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Happy Anniversary!!!

I hope dinner at Passions is perfect!
    Have Fun, Pete

Arubalisa,

Well Happy To Hear, You Have Till Tuesday, And I Totally Agree After Today, Relax, Relax, Relax. You Are Such A Good Person , Exactly How Far Is This Natual Pool? Sounds Very Nice, But I Guess You Def. Need A Car, Yes ? Well Has I Said Before H.a. , Enjoy Your Dinner Tonight.

Wow Wee!

Dinner at Passions tonight was fabulous. From the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect.

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi mahi. I had a filet and Jerry had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Yummy!

Dessert ??? ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn...

Also on a terrfic note, we had really really nice taxi drivers in each direction. Takes away a little bit of the sting from the other experiences earlier in the trip.

Our new found friends, enjoyed and appreciated their island tour today. Watched some AMAZING kiteboarding in front of the Windsurfer's Huts, found the blow hole on the east coast that Ray from Kini Kini had shown us on Saturday as well as another little Natural Bridge we had never known existed.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    So glad you enjoyed Passions. The food you all choose sounds yummy.
    Maybe you'll have some new traveling friends now. You'll go home and miss them. Enjoy your last days...cindy

A belated Happy Anniversary to you. Glad that Passions was a success! Just "kick back" and relax/enjoy the rest or your trip....
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    I quote rob in relaying you and jer a happy belated anniversay
    sorry i have not been around last 72 hrs
    way to busy with comissioning and coenceent activities

have a wonderful last few days.

where is C's new bff from?

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    A belated Happy Anniversary to you. Glad that Passions was a success! Just "kick back" and relax/enjoy the rest or your trip....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I quote rob in relaying you and jer a happy belated anniversay
    sorry i have not been around last 72 hrs
    way to busy with comissioning and coenceent activities
    Thank you so much and congratulations to Kevin. I can only imagine how proud you 2 are of your son.

have a wonderful last few days.

where is C's new bff from?
    Did not check in last night because it was just too late. Dd and her new friend wanted to watch Camp Rock together so the girls got pizza from the bar and took it back to our room. Her parents and dh and I then had a fabulous dinner here at Paparazzi just the 4 adults.

Dd's bff's dad though awoke at 4 a.m. not feeling very well. Thought it was food poisoning. We offered to watch the two girls and they decided by 9 a.m. that he was going to head over to the hospital to get checked on. Felt so bad, today was the last full day of their vacation as they are leaving tomorrow. We took the girls while our friends headed over to the hospital.

Only two hours, $189 and very very impressed by the care, service and modernity of the hospital later, our friend was diagnosed with a kidney stone. They prescribed some painkillers, and two other meds. They came back here to the Tam and we called Bully's brother Pierre (Bully will be back on the island tomorrow) to come pick up our friend to take her to a pharmacy in St. Anna. He was actually kind enough to "phone in" the prescription while he was driving, so they actually had it ready when they arrived.

Considering the day was cloudy, and it was the last day of their vacation AND they had NOT been robbed of all their valuables the last day of their vacation as they had been in Playa del Carmen last year, they were in good spirits.

Tomorrow morning the seven of us are going to have breakfast together and the girls will have their last swim before saying their good-byes. Hopefully there will not be too many tears.

Dd's bff lives in Colorado so the distance between there and Ga. is vast but invitations have already been extended for visits to each other's homes and the adults are going to try to work out a "repeat" Tamarijn vacation next June.

These folks just shake their heads everyday in amazement in something most of us found out a long time ago ... Aruba IS the perfect vacation destination and a place which you return to year after year.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast