Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Au Revoir

John,

I am heartbroken that you aren't posting here anymore. I can understand how you feel. Know that you have helped untold people with your advice and kindness. You will be truly missed! Wish there was some way to make it better for you to stay!

I wish you hadn't been moved to off topic - I think everyone would like to thank you and wish you the best of luck!

I can not tell you how much you have helped me and my nightmare that continues to rage. Just your kindness and understanding has meant so much
    to both of us. Thank you so much!

Lizzardo & Mick
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Aquaman, You have been such a help to many. I am going to miss you. Best of luck to you.

Aquaman, Thanks for all the hours you spent on this board helping out members. It was really nice meeting you in person a few years back. I wish you the very best for the future.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

It's sad when someone leaves the forum. Know that you will be missed. Hopefully, you will decide to come back. Be well!!

Firstly, I am overwhelmed by the private emails and best wishes posted. Thank you all. Given this I feel I should explain why I am not posting at present.

as some know, my wife and I went through some recent tumultuous years and to top it all off we go ught another Villa in Aruba which we have just spent some 7 months preparing as a vacation home for those looking for a different vacation in Aruba.

At present I am working on some projects and have placed a self imposed deadline to get them finished. While I enjoy following the forum I need to concentrate on these projects.

2 years ago I co authored and edited a couple of books dealing with World War II events in Aruba. I also started work on a fictional story of the German ship, the Antilla thatlies scuttled at Malmok. It was a fictional story and a drama. Along the way fate intervened and the story ends up becoming a screenplay. It is finished and we may try to do something with it. This lead to one of the current projects. It is a new novel. This work is again fictional but laced over the top of real historical events. This has required a lot more research than I had envisaged. It is the story a a young man born into a religious Mennonite farming family. As he grows, he decides to visit Europe with his lover. He goes against the advice of his relatives in Europe as war is imminent. His desire to meet his European Mennonite relatives drives him. He arrives in Holland to a very turbulent situation. Ignoring family pleas he decides to seek out relatives in Germany and becomes trapped as war sweeps across Europe. He has left his lover in Holland and sHe becomes infatuated and enters into a spicy affair with an Aruban born member of the Dutch resistance . The rest of the story follows his escapades in Nazi Germany, his affairs and bastard son who turns into a real bum. The story evolves into his escape and the refuge he seeks in Aruba. He finally marries a Madame from St Nicolaas and sires a brilliant son who takes over the family clubs and land and becomes instrumental in the development of Aruba's tourism.

the second project is also interesting but time consuming. Entitled. " So....... You want to move to Aruba" it is a light hearted reference guide containing a lot of info, some gathered from my own experiences with Govt. shipping companies, customs, etc etc. it is being developed in a very light vain for ease of reading. I am seeking and receiving feedback from certain bodies in Aruba.

i hope that now I have answered why I am busy and that folks can understand my decision to hold off posting for the time being.

i am hoping for the novel to b completed and available around year end

regards to all

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for the explanation.

very good reasons...showing your dedication on getting the novel finished.....a self imposed deadline.

stay well and enjoy

Brilliant! Good luck with all your projects. It certainly sounds as though you have the resolve to finish them. May you be successful and find yourself some down time to relax!!

Looking forward to reading it.. paperback only.
    For some reason I am old fashion and like reading novels by turning the pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Brilliant! Good luck with all your projects. It certainly sounds as though you have the resolve to finish them. May you be successful and find yourself some down time to relax!!

You know that when you make a concrete plan something always comes along to distract. Already we have one. My wife has been asked to be Maid of Honour at a traditional Arubian wedding the 1st week of October for one of our best Arubian friends. No way to say no. Going to report on this event for you all. I am not going to let this happy event pass. I will just need to be writing faster before we again climb onto that silver bird in the sky

Thanks for sharing such positive reasons. I look forward to reading about your success in the future
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast