Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bermuda Taxi/Tour Operator In Jail

Bermuda Taxi/Tour Operator In Jail

Yesterday I was in for a shock. About 3 years ago I went on a cruise to Bermuda from NY and I met this really nice tour operation who took me to their famous horseshoe bay beach for $15 round trip and on the way back gave me a nice mini tour of Bermuda.

I kept in touch with him the last few years on Face Book but he did not respond to an email I sent him in January. Yesterday I also noticed that his last post was in January. So I wrote on his Facebook wall, sir you have been M.I.A where are you and hope all is well. Well one of his friends replied that he was in jail for transporting heroin. I was in shock and thought it was a wise crack or joke. They said look it up on the internet as it came out in the Bermuda papers back in June. Sure enough I found the article with a big picture of him and title "Bermuda Tour Operator" in jail for transporting heroin.

Such as shame!

He is 58 years old too so I wonder how many years will he get.

Heron is such an ugly drug in all aspects, users, dealers, traffickers, irresponsible doctors who overprescribe painkillers which can lead to addiction. I hate everything about it.

I'm sure it is a shock for you being up close and personal to someone involved. Lives are ruined every day from it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It must be quite shocking for you as you probably liked and trusted him. What a shame that he started dealing with heroin. Which seems to be the "quick money" will destroy so many lives, including his own.

I found this article, if it's him, sentencing was adjourned to March 10:

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...WS02/160119631

Aruba since 1979
    terrible

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yesterday I was in for a shock. About 3 years ago I went on a cruise to Bermuda from NY and I met this really nice tour operation who took me to their famous horseshoe bay beach for $15 round trip and on the way back gave me a nice mini tour of Bermuda.

I kept in touch with him the last few years on Face Book but he did not respond to an email I sent him in January. Yesterday I also noticed that his last post was in January. So I wrote on his Facebook wall, sir you have been M.I.A where are you and hope all is well. Well one of his friends replied that he was in jail for transporting heroin. I was in shock and thought it was a wise crack or joke. They said look it up on the internet as it came out in the Bermuda papers back in June. Sure enough I found the article with a big picture of him and title "Bermuda Tour Operator" in jail for transporting heroin.

Such as shame!

He is 58 years old too so I wonder how many years will he get.

CK1 yes that was the article I found. Funny because back in early January he posted on Face Book that he was flying from LA to NY. Then from NY to Canada. He was also in London around December. I was clicking like on FB and saying to myself, good for him he must be doing very well because during the winter it is off season for cab drivers in bermuda being that the weather is like 60 degrees or even in the 50s during the winters. Some moonlight doing construction. He had posted about painting houses during the winters and was looking for investors for his excursion company and tour operators. Little did I know..

One interesting thing about Bermuda and drugs. They are allowed to board a cruise ship docked and inspect a cabin for drugs. They are usually looking for Marijuana. 20 years ago I was docked in St George onboard celebrity Zenith when there was a hard knock on my door. The cruise security walked in with Bemudian Customs agents and German Shepperd. I had no idea what was going on. The dogs sniffed quickly and left without no explanation. A few cabins down someone got busted as well as a crew member.

Today I read that the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship had inspections in 2014 and people got busted for having Marijuana. The dogs went in the cabin and they asked them where they were hiding it and it was in the safe. Passengers got fined as high as $3,700 the highest for someone carrying Xtacy and other drugs. They typically fine for carrying small amounts of drugs even if it is in their cabins which passengers have to pay with a credit card or do 30 to 60 days in jail.

Here is an interesting article on Bermuda and cruise ship bust. A little off the topic I started on cruise operator but has to do with Bermuda and drugs-cruise ships.http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...WS04/140629872

CK1
    That's interesting, ArubaAce. Maybe he traveled to all those places but it's all over now. I will never understand how some people are fascinated with doing drugs. And dealing with drugs is sooo dangerous, sooner or later they will be caught and so many lives get destroyed, IMO. Many times I read about drug busts in the Caribbean, it seems DEA and FBI are working very close together with several countries/islands.

It's also interesting how countries punish drug dealers or people who are just in possession of drugs. Malaysia, for instance, has the death penalty. For more info:
    Which countries have the death penalty for drug smuggling?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/04/economist-explains-28

How sad.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Ck1 that is some article on death execution for drug trafficking. Recently I read about a British elderly lady in Bali who is being sentenced to execution by fire arm for drug smuggling. I'm curious to know what sentence that Bermuda tour operator will get but i guess we will know on Thursday.

CK1
    ArubaAce, I mentioned it as the punishment in some countries can really be severe. I think, many people are not even aware of it.
    I'm curious as well what the Bermuda tour operator will face. I guess, a hefty jail sentence.

In a way, it reminds me of the movie "Blow" where they say "Money is not real". There is so much money involved in the drug dealing but at the end, all that money is not worth it, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast