Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bermuda Taxi/Tour Operator In Jail

There is a show I used to watch called Locked Up Abroad. They feature the story of that American that was locked up in Turkey who they made a movie about Midnight Express. Most of the episodes involved people trying to smuggle drugs and they would get caught the first time around. The midnight express guy smuggled dozens of times so he was bound to get caught. You are right its all about money but it is not worth your freedom. This is why the sentencing are very stiff to deter people but they still do it.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Interesting story. I think I have seen a documentation about it once. I think, a lot of tourists underestimate the situation when it comes to marijuana, that they think it's "just some pot". Like this Australian woman who got caught in Bali with over 4 kg of marijuana. They sentenced her 20 years to jail in 2005, she is currently out on parole but has to remain in Indonesia until 2017:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/07/world/...ndonesia-bali/

I personally knew someone many, many years ago who got involved smuggling drugs between Turkey, Germany and the Netherlands. It seems he was trying to cheat some of those drug dealers and became a victim of the Turkish drug mafia: his torso was found in a garbage bag alongside a river, his head and limps were never recovered. Up to this date, it's still an unsolved crime. He paid the ultimate price for this "quick money".

Wow how tragic what happened to someone you know! It's true what you say about Marijuana. Some tourist think that pot is legal in Jamaica because the Rastafarans smoke it as part of their religion. It is not legal and they can get themselves in real trouble there.

Well tomorrow is the sentencing for that tour operator. I found a recent article where a local businessman in Bermuda got caught with a mix of different drugs in Bermuda with a higher street value than this tour operator and he only got 6 years sentence. We will see tomorrow. I dunno why I'm so curious! Maybe because I know him.

Just don't get this drug crap...
    Gee when I was growing up... it was sneaking your parents cigarettes and booze.. maybe smoking a little pot.
    But now... there is so much more.
    I know at least 6 kids under 30 that drugs took their lives..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12