Aruba Beach

Thread: Big Fun Scary Challenge

Big Fun Scary Challenge

The fellow who runs the Novel Writing Month challenge has another one - the Big, Fun, Scary challenge.

You pick something(s) you want to do for 2008 and post.

I'm joining in.

Here are the details from his email:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm inviting you to take part in the Office of Letters and Light's second annual Big, Fun, Scary Adventure Challenge.

The Challenge works like this: All of us come up with a list of things that we've long dreamed about doing, making, or being. These can be hard-nosed acts of practical skill-acquisition, such as becoming a ninja and learning to kill people with one's eyebrows. Or they can be fantastical notions such as going back to school and getting a degree in business administration.

The adventuresome path or paths you choose are completely up to you. Last year, some BFS participants used the challenge to complete a revision of their NaNoWriMo novels and write their first scripts through Script Frenzy. But many of us ventured farther afield. We finally learned to speak some Spanish (that was me). We took classes in watercolor painting, started blogs, and learned to tango. We mended fences with estranged family members, explored the Amazon in dugout canoes, hiked the Great Wall of China, and made daunting leaps from soul-snuffing jobs to careers closer to our hearts.

To take part in the challenge, you just need to post at least one big, fun, or scary goal for yourself in the BFS forum of the NaNoWriMo site. Then, come January 1, we'll roll up our sleeves, pack a lunch and a change of underwear, and s et out into the unknown together.

We'll use the BFS forum to post reports on our progress and setbacks, locate fellow adventurers who can help us reach our goals, and generally whoop it up in true Office of Letters and Light fashion as we move a few items on our lifetime to-do lists from "someday" to "done that."

Superheroes who complete at least one of their adventures before December 31, 2008 will receive a Big, Fun, Scary Adventure Challenge winner's certificate to remind them of their feat.

What will you attempt in 2008?

I can't wait to find out.

The Big, Fun, Scary forum awaits: http://www.nanowrimo.org/forum/192

Here's to an adventuresome new year!

Okay, Auntie, inquiring minds wish to know what your adventure is going to be. Good luck!

There are four things on my list:
    • Cure my computer addiction. I tried going cold turkey and, sadly, that doesn’t work. I shall have to wind it down gradually.
    • Lose 25 more pounds (lost 25 last year, another 25 will put me at goal weight)
    • Learn to juggle No reason… just want to.
    • Regularly exercise and practice Yoga and Meditation. I need to define ‘regularly.’
    It's not like I'm bungee jumping . But the computer thing will be a total change of lifestyle.

Just today my gym called offering a free personal training session. We'll see how that goes.

Well, I must say that I truly admire you, especially the 25 pound weight loss. You go girl! Keep us posted.

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i are not doing
    the big challenge" that auntie mentioned but.....
    did sign up for weight watchers online this morning!

his goal and my goal are both to lose 80 lbs each

so let's see how we go

we begin on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul and i are not doing

so let's see how we go

we begin on sunday.
    WOW! That is super!

I was looking at this online this a.m.

Makeover your mealtime. E-MEALZ from MealtimeMakeover.com makes it easy to consistently stick to a grocery budget with delicious dinners your family will love. Save money, time and simplify your life. Enter code CLARK for new subscriber discount.

Points System (Wal-Mart) Friday
    Points System (Any Store) Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul and i are not doing

so let's see how we go

we begin on sunday.
    Good luck to you both. (I lost my first 25 on the WW Core program)