Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Big Snowstorm in NorthEast & Digging Out

CPJones, we're in Quincy and while it's hard to measure, I would say we got 2 1/2 to 3 feet. Need to finish shoveling today. The power came back on last night. Now I just need to bring in the row of coolers we left in the snow bank and restock the fridge. Oh and the wind up radio turned out great.

My favorite place is Aruba, so anywhere on the island is perfect!!!

Digging out of the snow

To all my fellow Northeasterners who are busy digging out of the snow, it's a recipe that a local winery, Gouveia Vineyard, posted up on facebook to warm you up after all that shoveling!!

Try a bottle or two of red wine (works best with merlot)
    slice an orange
    8 cinnamon sticks
    2 tablespoons of all spice
    2 tablespoons of whole cloves
    1/2 cup of brown sugar to sweeten
    1/2 cup of brandy optional to warm you right up!!!!

Try this. We usually make in bulk so our recipe needed to be made smaller and with ingredients that are hopefully in your cabinets! Enjoy!

What a thoughtful post. The recipe sounds great. We'll need to save it for the next storm though because once we got shoveled out we were off to the local pub for steak n cheese and Keno

Had some great meals this weekend - and a little vino....baked ziti Friday night and clam chowder last night - leftovers tonight. One thing about a storm, comfort food reigns!! Diet begins again tomorrow!

My favorite place is Aruba, so anywhere on the island is perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Had some great meals this weekend - and a little vino....baked ziti Friday night and clam chowder last night - leftovers tonight. One thing about a storm, comfort food reigns!! Diet begins again tomorrow!
    Oh how I know......We plan to work out early tomorrow morning to burn off some of the comfort foods of the weekend......although maybe some of that snow shoveling helped a little!!

We got 30" in my neck of the woods. My car didn't get plowed out until yesterday afternoon. As of yesterday afternoon, my local post office still wasn't plowed out. What a mess!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345