Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bonjour from Paris

1. I am amazed they are able to squeeze all of that on to such a tiny table.
    2. Do the French serve white wines without being on ice?
    I want to say that it doesn't have time to get warm because you and dh do not give it a chance...
    But warm white wine, no matter the weather, is akin to drinking warm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    1. I am amazed they are able to squeeze all of that on to such a tiny table.
    2. Do the French serve white wines without being on ice?
    I want to say that it doesn't have time to get warm because you and dh do not give it a chance...
    But warm white wine, no matter the weather, is akin to drinking warm beer.
    We do quite the balancing act on the small tables with food, 4 glasses, a bottle of tap water, and a carafe of wine. LOL!!

We usually just get a carafe of white (cold) during the day and....yep, we drink it before it has a chance to get warm. At night when we've ordered a bottle of white with dinner they always bring out an ice bucket for it. The green bottle that's on the table is water (the wine is in the carafe.) Whenever you ask for tap water here it always comes in a wine bottle (usually a clear bottle) or something similar to a vase - LOL!!

Mike ran me ragged today....2 museums, 3 churches, and a mustard shop! LOL! We took more food photos for Daniel (I always remember after Mike takes his first bite and then I tell him to wait while I take a photo.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Went back and looked again, that carafe wasn't so big after all.

God bless sightseer Mike for his "go, go, go..."

Aruba since 1979
    i am exhausted from reading of the adventures.
    safe and fun travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am exhausted from reading of the adventures.
    safe and fun travels.
    They are going to need an Aruba vacation when they arrive home to get some r & r.

You seem like you are having a great time and it's great to see and read. I didn't realize that members posted things on this forum besides Aruba and it's actually kind of cool. Makes it more of a community then just a casual encounter kind of site. I hope that makes sense.
    I would love to go to Paris some day. My sister living in London right now is trying to convince me to go there for Christmas. I am seriously considering it and thinking of going across to Paris while we are there but have no idea how the logistics of that would work and if it would be really expensive at that time of year.
    Thanks for the updates, keep em coming please. I am addicted to this forum.

Aruba since 1979
    yes this OFF topic section..........no real restrictions one can talk about everything 'cept aruba :-)
    still must follow the rules re: kindness, respect and no self promotions...........the jokes are pretty funny too.

More pics from the last few days.....

Ste. Chapelle:

Notre Dame (front and back):

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Lunch on Ile Ste. Louis - salad for me and duck and potatoes for Mike:

So many cheeses, so little time - LOL!!!

Stumbled upon this by accident as we were walking through Luxembourg Gardens:

Plaque and small oak tree in the foreground along with a small Statue of Liberty:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast