Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brady bear

Thread: Brady bear family vacation in savannah...

Brady bear family vacation in savannah...

Hope nobody minds me posting our "little vacation to Savannah"
    We started out Monday after working all night (weekend) with a stop at the doctor for Lou's check up..
    He had a severe ear infection but glad he got the medicine before we took off... while waiting at Walmart for his meds (30 minutes.. had to shop for me... )
    Got on the road and stop half way for lunches that I made..
    Arrived at the Springhill Suites and knew in advance that they charge $20.00 per day to park as most hotels in that area does.
    Walked down to River St. love that area and just roamed into all the stores. Sample everything. lol
    Later that night we had pizza (yep... kids but the "real" NY style kind) then off to a walking "ghost tour"
    raining and dreary. The perfect night for looking for ghost. They kids swear they saw "orbs" in the camera's.
    Later during the middle of the night Cody woke up ... screaming that somebody touch his pillow and left a hand print.
    Said he can see the ghost.... We assure him that there was no ghost.. but he end up sleeping with us.
    Tuesday we took the trolley around town and heard the history of the town again but never gets old.
    Tour the Massie Heritage Center. omg a beautiful museum for history and architecture. Kids loved it.. had a classroom going back to the 1800's where we can dress up in the clothing.. and play with all the school stuff back in that time.
    Native American exhibit.. so many things to do.
    Then off to the most beautiful church I ever seen... The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist...this was my favorite place
    It showed the holy oils ambry; coat of arms, transept windows, pipe organs, original window of the blessed Virgin Mary Chapel...
    so much more there...
    We actually went back for a noon mass. Bought some items there too. Just so beautiful that one must go there when they visit.
    Had Spanky's for dinner... best potatoes spuds according to the kids..
    That evening we had a buggy ride around the city..... very nice. This company only does buggy rides at night where it is cool for the horses and do rotate them everyday. Very nice.
    Walked River St again (We actually walked average of 8-10 miles a day according to my step app on my phone..
    Wednesday we headed to walk the forts and just look at all the old buildings the tour guide from the horse buggy. Went to the cemetery and looked at some of the old stones. Very well kept and interesting.. Cody stayed outside with gramps.
    That evening Cody wanted to do another ghost tour on the condition he does not sleep in our bed again.. (he is 13y/o)
    We did one and again another raining/dreary night... guess it is sort of creepy... lol
    Somebody told us the CVS store there closes at 9 pm sharp... nobody will work there cause it is supposed to be really haunted...
    ask locals and they said "oh no " we don't go near that place..
    In all we had a great time...

Aruba since 1979
    wonderful
    thanks for sharing

i have little like for the state of GA, but do love savannah.
    the ghost tour is fun.

how long was the drive there from daytona?

we are thinking of going during the last week of sept with a day or 2 in st augustine.

The drive is about 3 hours. But we stop and ate lunch in the rest area (packed sandwich meat for our lunches.. free breakfast at the hotel and ate out for dinner)
    Savannah is my favorite city in GA as well. The history is so amazing.
    We stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites and it was $110.00 plus the parking.. but the parking was nice and we never used our car till we left. lol
    Walking distance to everything. So many places to eat too.
    For really good pizza try Vinnie's ...
    Buggy tour Madison's tour. They were locals and was so nice. We did book through social living.. for $95.00 for 6 people and 45 minutes. The other company wanted $135.00 for the first 2 then $30 for each additional.. tour was private and so nice.
    Each ghost tour was different.
    Pedicab.. (people that give you rides to and from places for tips on bikes (buggy) is pretty fun.. the others will ask for $$ for each block. We took them back and had the kiddies walk. The guy who was riding us back to the hotel was teasing the kids.. lol and he too gave us a history of the city.
    September is a great time.. weather is cool and fall is beautiful.
    Kids actually asked "when can we go again?"
    Would like to go back again in the fall or St Augustine is only an hour from us..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    wonderful
    thanks for sharing

i have little like for the state of GA, but do love savannah.
    the ghost tour is fun.

how long was the drive there from daytona?

we are thinking of going during the last week of sept with a day or 2 in st augustine.