Aruba Beach

Thread: buying a refurbished cell phone

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

buying a refurbished cell phone

Andrea, sorry to knock you outa the off topic posting, i need help..
    Has anyone out there bought a refurb phone? Well, the short version of this story is my daughter stepped on her cell phone, I gave up my ability to upgrade for her to get a new phone and now i would like a new phone. We have ATT. Her phone not avail to upgrade until april 09...I would like a new phone but having figured the in and outs of paying 400.00 for a phone. Someone mentioned refurbished, others mentioned ebay. If I buy a att phone on ebay, how do I use it without involving Att, and what should i look for? I can't sign up for a new 2 yr contract because no one in this house is eligible...HELP..

Very, very easy. You MUST buy a phone that is "UNLOCKED". As long as it is unlocked, you can open it up and take out your old SIM card and put it into the new phone.

Dh bought a AT&T Tilt phone on the cingular.com website REFURBISHED, and has been very happy with it. It was a "upgrade" though when we were due for new phones. He's not sure if you can buy a refurb phone on the site if you are not "due" for a new phone. Otherwise, let Ebay be your friend.

Any other specifics, you know where to find me.

We love our kids, but when they screw up..."to the moon Alice, to the moon!!! "

Aruba since 1979
    Cindy i do not know what you mean by "knock you outa the off topic posting?"
    andrea

[quote=cindyo;112066]Andrea, sorry to knock you outa the off topic posting, i need help.."

I think i meant that my newer posting knocked you off being the new topic..does that make sence, probably not, huh...oh well, blond moment as my teens would say....mines more like a gray moment...

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    you should be able to buy a phone on e-bay that is the same model as your phone then you can take it to at&t and they should be able to switch the sim cards so that you can have a phone again..a friend of mine dropped his phone in the toilet, ruining it and since his contract had a year left on it he couldn't get a phone so he did this and had no problems since he wasn't getting the phone from at&t..
    scott and tricia

Thanks for the info on refurbs lisa& sagman... I wanted a new phone but am not eligible. Hoping to buy one without going thru att. I think the key is that it is unlocked. I knew someone out there would know what i was talking about.
    Ya gotta love my teen...#1 cell, washing machine, #2 cell dropped it, #3 cell stepped on it, #4, well, she flipped for this one and this is in 17 months....Each phone happened to have more features... Its off my tab now.We also made her buy the insurance. Gotta love babysitting $$$, it comes in handy. I could say the same story for all her visits to the ER....Phone & her are on the same wave lenght....