Aruba Beach

Thread: Celebrate World Autism Awareness Day April 2

Celebrate World Autism Awareness Day April 2

Please remember these special children, teens and adults who are wonderfully made and teach us more than they will ever know!
    World Autism Awareness Day

Red Flags of Autism

Thank you Lisa for posting this. You beat me to it. How true it is, the things we learn from children/adults with autism. My thirteen year old niece is non-verbal autistic and we love her to death. Our 2 year old son has not been diagnosed as of yet, he has global developmental delays, but has "autistic" traits. He gets therapy twice a day, five days a week, has a genetics dr, neurologist & developmental pediatrican along with being an SI child. So please people, if you see me on the plane to Aruba once again, don't shoot us dirty looks or make comments under your breathe, ask if everything is okay. We have every right to be on vacation just as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Please remember these special children, teens and adults who are wonderfully made and teach us more than they will ever know!
    World Autism Awareness Day

Red Flags of Autism
    Michelle & Mike

Thanks for the headsup Lisa. I had no idea today was World Autism Awareness Day. I have a friend whose son has Asberger's. I know life has not been an easy journey for him or his mother.

Great reminder Chelle to not make snap judgements against others. I hope you have great flights and an enjoyable vacation next time you visit Aruba.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Asperger Syndrome is much more common than people realize. It is important to recognize the symptoms.

Thanks Corona. We always have a blast in Aruba. Last summer was actually the first time our little guy walked on sand. It was awesome . He started walking two weeks before we went away.

When it comes to the flights we just smile and are as polite as can be and try to keep our little guy happy. It just blows my mind how rude and nasty people can be.
    Michelle & Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    Thank you Lisa for posting this. You beat me to it. How true it is, the things we learn from children/adults with autism. My thirteen year old niece is non-verbal autistic and we love her to death. Our 2 year old son has not been diagnosed as of yet, he has global developmental delays, but has "autistic" traits. He gets therapy twice a day, five days a week, has a genetics dr, neurologist & developmental pediatrican along with being an SI child. So please people, if you see me on the plane to Aruba once again, don't shoot us dirty looks or make comments under your breathe, ask if everything is okay. We have every right to be on vacation just as you.

Thanks Corona. We always have a blast in Aruba. Last summer was actually the first time our little guy walked on sand. It was awesome . He started walking two weeks before we went away.

When it comes to the flights we just smile and are as polite as can be and try to keep our little guy happy. It just blows my mind how rude and nasty people can be.

People will NEVER know until they walk a mile in your shoes. Or spend a week in your household.

I pray for a good outcome in your ds's diagnosis.<<hugs>>

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

People will NEVER know until they walk a mile in your shoes. Or spend a week in your household.

I pray for a good outcome in your ds's diagnosis.<<hugs>>
    Lisa, your prayers mean more to us than you will ever know. We also pray that we will have a good outcome in my ds's diagnosis. And oh how true, I wish a lot of people could spend a week in our household.

Thank you again & I will keep everyone updated. We go for an EEG next Thursday to make sure he is not having absence seizures. His staring "zone out" episodes are happening more & more so the neurologist wants to rule it out

<<hugs>> to you also.
    Michelle & Mike

This website is supposed to be up in about a week or so :

http://www.autism-aruba.com/

Contact admin@autism-aruba.com

Very cool..........thanks Lisa
    Michelle & Mike