Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charles

Thread: Chain of events

Chain of events

Friday we donated a 40foot container to a family that lost its roof in a small tornado and needed storage facilities until the insurance company could get them repaired. On Saturday I was buying gold-fishes with Junior and a couple of his friends and all of the tanks started to move and water was swashing, then it stopped. Went to the house and found some cracks in the wall structure where I had done an addition. One day later it rained cats and dogs and the opened cracks got nice and soaked and will now need a major repair job. Today, for the first time in a long time, there was standing room only at church.
    Got home from church and I washed "Chula" my Weimeraner dog. Her ears were clean, she had no ticks or fleas and sat still during the entire washing - HE listens to prayer since all things ended well.

MONDAY - HERE I COME!!

be well

charles
    Last edited by charles; 08-28-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach
    Once in awhile we need to be reminded that there is a God...too bad that we only remember to pray when in need....Rhode Island got a small touch of Irene it was a tropical storm and our small state had over 300000 without power... I had no power for over 36 hours.....we are very spoiled and take for granted what many dont have. At this time still over 100000 have no power....
    I say thank God it was not a full huricane if it was who knows how long it would take for power to be restored....even the National Guard was called into action...
    See you all soon getting closer.

I agree that we take too much for granted. We are in Massachusetts and near the coast. Lost power for 36 hours, had to throw out a lot of food but no damage to property, some minor landscaping problems and noone hurt.

If we step back and think how lucky we are on a day to day basis, minor problems remain minor...we get to go to Aruba once or twice a year,enjoy the friendly people and get to trulely unwind. Looking forward to our October trip! Enjoy your time there!