Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Checking on forum members in Florida

Glad it went well and all is good.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I too worried about you Cathi and Andrea (and others) all weekend long especially last evening. SO HAPPY to hear from you both and you are ok.....I cannot even imagine the fear you all went thru. Good luck with the clean-up/repairs etc., don't overdue it, one day at a time!!! Time to get a little sleep if that is at all possible, you must all be beyond exhausted both mentally and physically. Great to hear from you both

glad to know all the folks from florida are in pretty good shape. my god-daughter lost power but her mom did not (they live in brandon...inland a bit which made a huge difference)...whew, so lucky, could have been so much worse !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I am so glad to know that you all ore okay. This was such a terrible storm. Our Southern States have been handed a very difficult Fall, that is for sure. Praying that this is it!

Aruba since 1979
    6:30 update

no power in all of polk county.
    our POA, sent out an email blast saying 2 days to 2 weeks

most of our neighbors have some damage
    roof shingles, even the ones with terra cotta tile lost tile.

our area had no issues with storm surge as we are 25+ miles from tampa bay and 40 miles to the gulf

our big issue was the eye that passed thru our city late last night

our local news reported that we had sustained 110 winds for an hour and then later sustained at 80

we have large trees toppled.

i am having a hard time posting the photos, but i will.

i am also just plain tired.
    my husband is working like a dog.

we have houseguests that cannot leave yet due to their homes being inaccessible.

8 people that need to be comfortable and fed.
    they are all very nice and very helpful!!

Andrea..
    thinking about you and your guest. So sure you are caring for them very well
    Don't know what was the scariest part riding out the storm, or trying to figure out if is was the hurricane winds or tornado's.
    Cyber hugs..

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Andrea..
    thinking about you and your guest. So sure you are caring for them very well
    Don't know what was the scariest part riding out the storm, or trying to figure out if is was the hurricane winds or tornado's.
    Cyber hugs..
    How did you and your family make out Cathi?

Aruba since 1979
    our scariest moments were 2

1) the day before when the line of death was west a tiny bit of tampa and went right thru lakeland
    2) this morning after midnight, when our sustained winds were over 100 for quite a long time.

i was lying in the bed and hovering up against paul ...he was sound asleep.
    i could feel my self shaking and he woke up and told me it felt like i was on Vibration setting.

i will try to post photos.

So happy to hear "better than expected" reports! I watched this website to gauge how long power might be out: https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida. An average of 874 electric customers were being brought back online per minute this afternoon. Hypothetically, if that keeps up day and night, all 5,649,000 remaining without power would be up and running in 4.5 days. Of course the most damaged areas could be much longer. Can't believe it wiped out power to 2/3 of the state.

Sunday morning in Virginia we saw 2 separate convoys of electric company bucket trucks headed south. I'm sure they were headed to Florida to help. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast