Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Checking on forum members in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We finally got everything back.. but our neighbors on the next street over are still without power. We did drive by and gave the utility workers some cold drinks and snacks. Also thank them for taking away from their families to help ours.
    Texas food chain is paying it forward and sending food from their stores to Publix's.

On the finally note... decided after many years with my company I am leaving as soon as my cruise is over in Feb. During the storm they were so unprofessional. I got permission from the weekend manager to come in early (no overtime) so a nurse can get home to her son. They weren't happy. They actually let people sleep in chairs, (off the clock) cause they could not leave, and monitor the time clocks to make sure nobody was "stealing time" people choice their families over the job and one guy has been with the company for 18 yrs. Some workers came in the early evening for the morning shift in fear they be without a job. Very sad.

And these management slept in the offices with king/queen air mattress. And of course their doors shut. Never saw anyone after 11:30 pm and until 6:30 am. The peak of the storm too. Shame on them.

One nurse who is a real "bully" and several nurses quit cause of her reported me for not answering the phones. Which is a lie. I am the only nurse at night that answers the phones and have to walk over to her side where the medication machine is to fix it, while she has her feet up on her phone. But the new DON believed her and told me just to do what she says. WTH?? And the only reason I could not answer the phone the one time she did was cause I had a pt who was really confused about the storm and actually thought her husband was outside with no place to go. I let her use my phone to call him.

Family members were allow to stay however they had to bring their own supplies including food. Since I always bring extra snacks and quarters for the vending machines for the pt who wants a special treat. I even bring my "own" coffee kkups, hot chocolate and tea. With dry cream (it last longer)

I have been keeping notes since Lou former FIL and will forward all of this to cooperate when I do leave. This used to be a very great place to work; but with new management it has gone from a 5 star facility to a 2 star in one year. That tells you something.

On the good note my new agency job will have plenty of hours for me and it is just hospice too which I would love to do.
    I am a little late responding to this but how sad you have had to endure this type of treatment. For someone who spends her life taking care of patients it is truly a sin. I hope your new job will be wonderful for you as you deserve it. We are glad all the mess from Irma is over and maybe you can get some normalcy back in your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Hi Andrea. This is Kellie. Robert does most of the posting but he asked me to reply to yours. You know, he can't show his "soft" side.

The beautiful baby in our avatar is our very first grandbaby! Our grand-princess, Camila Isabella. She's PERFECTION! The love of our lives! ♥

Our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter live in Miami Beach, one block off the ocean so they were under mandatory evacuation during Hurricane Irma. Happily, they came to stay with us! We were lucky enough to have them with us for 10 days! Their power was restored just today so they left us this afternoon. Seems other than the loss of power, they sustained no further damage, thankfully! We're kind of in baby Cami withdrawl right now.

This photo is her at one month old...Attachment 6213
    She is a beauty. The first grandchild is always very special. Congratulations.

Thank you for the kind words. At least I know that the devil won't want me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Cathi..... I'm pretty sure you have a 14 pound heart! You are a good person!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Camila Isabella is beautiful.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Camila Isabella is magnificent.

I am glad that they all came to stay with you during the storm.

What a beautiful baby!!!!!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Beautiful little granddaughter Kellie & Robert!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    She is a beauty. The first grandchild is always very special. Congratulations.
    Thank you.

Life is good!

Yes she is beyond beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Life is good!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678