Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Chicago Versus Aruba

  1. #1
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491

    Chicago Versus Aruba

    We're in Chicago and it's snowing. Ugh. While we've had some incredible meals (Topolobampo, Eddie V's, Les Nomades) and shopping, I'm still going to give the culinary edge to Aruba as there's nothing worse than dining in winter boots. And the only shopping we do in Aruba is ice and Patron.

    It's SNOWING.

    One month and eight days.

    Did i mention it's SNOWING?!?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,501
    Hang in there Act! We will give you a report next week to help get you through the dreaded 4 letter s word
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-21-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,929
    yes the dining is chi town is fabulous, but agree that aruba still wins!
    have fun and stay warm.

    we are heading to maine in 30 days and figuring that the snow (of which we haven't seen in 6 yrs) will be plentiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We're in Chicago and it's snowing. Ugh. While we've had some incredible meals (Topolobampo, Eddie V's, Les Nomades) and shopping, I'm still going to give the culinary edge to Aruba as there's nothing worse than dining in winter boots. And the only shopping we do in Aruba is ice and Patron.

    It's SNOWING.

    One month and eight days.

    Did i mention it's SNOWING?!?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,677
    Ugh, the four letter word. There isn't a dining experience in winter that can make up for SNOW! Time to hop on a plane to Aruba!

  5. #5
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Ugh, the four letter word. There isn't a dining experience in winter that can make up for SNOW! Time to hop on a plane to Aruba!
    Ugh, Peg, don't tempt me. The thought has crossed our minds a million times in the past twenty-four hours. We might even put up with this nightmare:

    Chicago Versus Aruba-image.jpg

    Okay... The pic uploaded tiny for some reason. It's a screen capture of a flight that's available from Chicago to Aruba ... 2 stops, 27 hours. I'm not throwing it away.
    Last edited by act1966; 11-21-2015 at 10:25 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes the dining is chi town is fabulous, but agree that aruba still wins!
    have fun and stay warm.

    we are heading to maine in 30 days and figuring that the snow (of which we haven't seen in 6 yrs) will be plentiful.
    snow will be a novelty for you and, after a few days, you'll question your sanity for going to Maine in the winter. ��

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,896
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    snow will be a novelty for you and, after a few days, you'll question your sanity for going to Maine in the winter. ��
    Except when it's for family.... that trumps all!

  8. #8
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes the dining is chi town is fabulous, but agree that aruba still wins!
    have fun and stay warm.

    we are heading to maine in 30 days and figuring that the snow (of which we haven't seen in 6 yrs) will be plentiful.
    We have friends coming into town from The Villages, Fla. next week. We are meeting them for dinner on Monday night. They were pretty distraught when I told them that it was going to be in the 20's. They got rid of their winter coats,etc. when they moved to Fla. This is their first trip back this time of year in about 5 years.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, Boca Prins
    Posts
    141
    Just booked our tickets yesterday! Leaving the end of Feb! Can't wait!! We got over 12 inches of Snow already & IT'S STILL COMING DOWN!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Except when it's for family.... that trumps all!
    Our steadfast rule growing up was that family comes to Florida. Nobody argued. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO