Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Memories - As An Adult

Christmas Memories - As An Adult

Starting two threads to celebrate this Christmas Season.

Would you like to share your favorite Christmas memory from your adult life? Please do that here.

I've started a separate thread for you to share your favoriite Christmas memory from your childhood.

I will share my stories in a few days.....but just wanted to get this going as we await the arrival of our guests for the day....CindyO's family.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

reposted from my blog December 23 last year...

"Arrival in Aruba
    We arrived here at the Tamarijn and the resort truly if only for room location and proximity to the beach and ocean cannot be beat. But there is many more wonderful things to tell you about this resort which we unfold over the upcoming days.

I sat in the lobby for a short time early this evening waiting for my brother and his children to arrive from the airport in the very capapable hands of our taxi driver friend Bully.

Sitting in the bright and cheery lobby and gazing upon all of the truly wonderful Christmas decorations surrounding me, anxiously awaiting my loved ones, I realized that for sure I am the luckiest girl in the world. Christmas is here in my paradise Aruba, with everyone I hold dear and love so much."

Due to financial circumstances, my brother and his children will not be joining us for Christmas and they will be sorely missed.

Thanks Arubalisa....see "The ABC's of Aruba" thread for my best "Aruba Christmas story".

My favorite Christmas memory as an adult, before we had children, is actually the instant I saw CindyO for the first time on the first Christmas that I knew her. We had only been dating for a few months, and I didn’t see her on that Christmas Day until the evening when I drove to her parent’s home. When I arrived after the long drive, Cindy’s parent’s invited me in. When CindyO saw me, she had a huge smile and it was clear how happy she was that I had come. Our relationship grew rapidly from there…less than 3 months later we were engaged.

My favorite Christmas Memory as a parent.

I’m an early riser and thus have never been awakened by my daughters on Christmas morning. One year while lying in bed waiting for them to “wake me up”, I came up with an idea that I used the following Christmas. Here’s the story.

While home alone, I created a tape of “Santa” noises. The first minute of the tape was totally blank (no sound), the rest of the tape had the sound of sleigh bells, an opening fireplace, footsteps, paper rustling, cookies being eaten, etc. The tape ended with the fireplace being closed and sleigh bells fading off into the night.

On Christmas Eve, I put the tape into the stereo and turned it on, but it wasn’t plugged in. I ran an extension cord outside the house, upstairs to our bedroom ready to be plugged in.

On Christmas morning I laid awake, waiting for the girls. When they finally came into the room and asked if Santa came, I discreetly plugged in the stereo and then walked to the stairwell to see if Santa had come. When the sound of the stereo started (after the first minute of silence) I was still on the stairs and immediately ran up. “Santa’s here” I said in a loud whisper to no one….the girls had run back to bed and hid under the covers. After the tape was done…they came back into our bedroom and told us all about hearing Santa…and then seeing him fly off into the night.

I did it again the next year….

Rob O...what a thoughtful and generous thing to do for your girls. I am sure all the hard work was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I am sure all the hard work was well worth it.
    Neither they, nor I, shall ever forget....it was a fun time!

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    My favorite Christmas memory as an adult, before we had children, is actually the instant I saw CindyO for the first time on the first Christmas that I knew her. We had only been dating for a few months, and I didn’t see her on that Christmas Day until the evening when I drove to her parent’s home. When I arrived after the long drive, Cindy’s parent’s invited me in. When CindyO saw me, she had a huge smile and it was clear how happy she was that I had come. Our relationship grew rapidly from there…less than 3 months later we were engaged.
    Wow,
    now that's what I call romance...you are a lucky womn CindyO
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I can recall a Christmas I will never forget, it all started 3 years ago when I decided to surprise my family in Michigan. My 3 kids had no idea of the planned trip and one sunny hot morning they woke up to see luggages at the door. They asked if I was leaving and I said 'with you's to visit cousins and Nonna'.
    They were the happiest, I had ordered all our winter gear and sent it to my sister who was the only one who knew we were coming. We arrived to snowflakes falling at airport and then never again on our 3 week journey did it snow again. Christmas and New Year was wonderful, gathered together everyday counting our blessings to be together with my 5 brother and sisters and spouses and 22 nieces & nephews. When we left I was sad to not have seen snow, A Green Christmas it was and I asked my son on the plane back to Aruba how he enjoyed his vacation without snow, he replied ' Mom Christmas is not about snow its about Jesus being born and gathering by the fireplace, spending time with your family and awesome fun with our cousins, he gave me a bear hug and said ' don't worry mom it will snow again'.
    The moral of the story is I wanted snow so bad for my children but I think I wanted it more than them to relive my younger years.
    Last edited by Angela Munzenhofer; 12-09-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Such great stories all! Keep them coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast