Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Christmas Plans?

Aruba since 1979
    Love your decorations Peg!

(Especially your AnnaLee Santa)

Well, like some here that are missing one or both parents, it's tough! But I tell you, the older I get the more emotional I get when these darn commercials come on that pull at your heart strings! Ugh!

Ours starts on Friday with Christmas lunch with my sweetheart, #1 son and fiancÚ and #2 son.

Ham, mac&cheese, broccoli/cheese casserole, rolls, wine/spirits, babka.

Then come that afternoon, drive home to Charleston to spend Christmas plus a few days with my Dad, sister and her family.

Looking forward to it!

Things are very different this year and I don't like it! (yes, I'm stamping my foot!)

I usually, or used to, do breakfast for my parents & brother - this year the SIL has decided she wants to stay home and do breakfast alone with my brother. Fine. But she wants us to go to my mother's on Xmas Eve afternoon to open gifts. That would be ok, except for the fact that my daughter is working & won't be able to be there and it's just not xmas without all my kids there. No one seems to understand how much I don't want to go.

Christmas afternoon we always go to my aunt's home, this year we will go to a cousin's house at 6pm. So I'm guessing I'll have my parents all day, which is ok - just not how I want things to be. Someday I'll be able to do what I want, maybe.

I'm looking forward to my kids' faces on Xmas morning, looking forward to that chill alone time with my little monsters. It's been a very hectic, stressful last 5 weeks or so. I can't wait for it to all be over!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When the kids were little, we would do my family the Sunday before Christmas and their father's family the Sunday after. When we all started having children, we all agreed on this so we could all be in our own homes for Christmas Eve and Day. It worked for us. Some people might not like that, but I LOVED being in my pjs all morning, making a big breakfast and then a meal later in the day. The kids were happy they got to play with their toys and saw family on either weekend. Now that the kids are all grown, we do my sister's house on Christmas Eve and they scatter to either their father's family (we are divorced now) or go to their girlfriends houses. Again, everyone is happy. I get to spend Christmas Day with my boyfriend and his family or if all works out well, just the two of us!!! We are starting to talk about spending Christmas in Aruba sometimes maybe......Remember when you kids are young and you are getting pulled in all directions, someday you WILL be able to do what YOU want!!

Was just telling my husband & son I would love to do Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. (Did that yrs ago when we didn't have the 2 grandkids living with us)
    Then Christmas morning we have a nice breakfast... open gifts and just lounge in our pj's all day, watching movies and just relaxing.
    Dinner would be left overs or Chinese food. In reality that was the best Christmas.

Totally agree. Now I can see why some of my pt's cry and get so emotional more around the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by WinSC View Post
    Well, like some here that are missing one or both parents, it's tough! But I tell you, the older I get the more emotional I get when these darn commercials come on that pull at your heart strings! Ugh!

Ours starts on Friday with Christmas lunch with my sweetheart, #1 son and fiancÚ and #2 son.

Ham, mac&cheese, broccoli/cheese casserole, rolls, wine/spirits, babka.

Then come that afternoon, drive home to Charleston to spend Christmas plus a few days with my Dad, sister and her family.

Looking forward to it!

Aruba since 1979
    today is pretzel dipping (chocolate) and sprinkling (red, white and green sprinkles) , AND banana bread making day.

i am so ready for christmas to be over.

Andrea... I too want Christmas to be over and the New Year to start.
    Just finished wrapping presents. I really spoil the two men in my life. Both of them are the world to me.

Got to admit I cheated bought the dark chocolate pretzels with candy candle sprinkle on them huge bag $4.91...lol

So upset got sad news..(but it's something I have to wait before I can even explaid)
    then I ask my coworker to work for me New Years night .(11p -7am) the holiday is over; wanted to spend time
    with the guys having drinks watching the Pats vs Miami game. My flipping Administrator denied it. WTH??? she stated "NO because she is going ask her to work for them cause there is no other nurses.. well this girl said she going to tell them "she will only WORK if it is for ME "

Yet the DON takes the whole week of Xmas off plus Thanksgiving.. the unit manager gets the whole New Years week off and the Administrator takes them all off.
    Oh, well sorry for complaining..... just what to open a bottle and get wasted now., but need to go get Lou's meds.

Nursing life is rough Sorry. I'm surprised they allow anyone to take a full week. Both my daughter's hospital & hubby's hospital don't allow extended days off or vacation during the holidays.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12