Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cnn Today (4/2) - We Have Autism

Smile Cnn Today (4/2) - We Have Autism

Just an FYI......CNN will be having from 12pm - 1pm (eastern) time a show on How autism is handled around the world.
    Michelle & Mike

Thanks Chelle, there is some stuff tonight too I believe on Larry King regarding vaccines and Anderson Cooper on Autism as well.

Thanks Lisa. Didn't realize Larry King was doing something also. Plan on taping it. Have a great afternoon.
    Michelle & Mike

Colorado Lighthouse and the stunning views
    It's so nice to see that people are looking at Autism. My daughter signed up for the Royal Air Force last year and part of the medical determined that she has Aspergers which is a form of Autism.

Aruba since 1979
    amazing that your daughter, what, probably 18 or older got this diagnosis as an adult?!
    so many many kids are misdiagnosed or not even diagnosed at all.

i have a few kids in my swim classes with asbergers.
    all of them were diagnosed early on, as toddlers or preschoolers.
    this session of the 140 or so participants, there are 4 with asbergers.

all of them immediately became enrolled into early intervention programs, are now all elementary school aged and in appropropriate grades at school for their ages .

it is all about getting the services that the children are entitled to.

what is the general concensus of the cause of autism? could it really be the vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbly_babs View Post
    It's so nice to see that people are looking at Autism. My daughter signed up for the Royal Air Force last year and part of the medical determined that she has Aspergers which is a form of Autism.

so many many kids are misdiagnosed or not even diagnosed at all.

it is all about getting the services that the children are entitled to.

what is the general concensus of the cause of autism? could it really be the vaccines?[/quote]

Unfortunately, some families have no clue as to what their children are actually entitled too. If someone believes that their child is delayed, do not hesitate contacting your pediatrician and your town for Birth to 3 Services (I know that the services are called a different name in different states). They will come to your home and evaluate your child, free of cost to see if they need any type of therapy.

I live in the state of CT and our son gets therapy every day. We do pay a minimal monthly fee for the services he receives. He as of today still has not been given a diagnosis except for being Globally Developmentally Delayed across the board with some autistic traits. He is 28 months old.

I personally do not believe that vaccines are the root of autism. Could they be a part of the equation, possibly.

If anyone is looking for more info regarding autism, please check out this site......

http://www.autismspeaks.org/index.php
    Michelle & Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    I personally do not believe that vaccines are the root of autism. Could they be a part of the equation, possibly.
    If anyone is looking for more info regarding autism, please check out this site......
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/index.php
    I have to agree with Michelle. My "gut" feeling is that it is hereditary due to gene abnormalities, but I am not a scientist. To be informed http://www.autismspeaks.org/ is the best defense for a parent or family member.

What Raises a Baby's Risk of Autism?
    Study Flags Possible Associations From Parents, Pregnancy, Birth

Hi - I was planning a trip to Aruba this coming Christmas break with my family. My 10 year old son is Autistic and I was wondering if you knew of any programs and or babysitters who might be able to help us when we are in Aruba.

Thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by diane2626 View Post
    Hi - I was planning a trip to Aruba this coming Christmas break with my family. My 10 year old son is Autistic and I was wondering if you knew of any programs and or babysitters who might be able to help us when we are in Aruba. Thanks so much!!
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry I cannot help you with specific information, however, you may contact Aruba Autism at admin@autism-aruba.com Their website will soon be functional, in the meantime, they may be able to assist you with your questions.

Either way, Christmas time in Aruba is very very special. Enjoy!

Thanks so much, I sent an email - have a great day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast