Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Coco

Happy to hear the good news. Coco gets to stay safe and in her home. Bet she's getting lots of hugs tonight!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    This here is an older article from March 2015 but there is a lovely video on it where I saw Dan and Lisa interacting with Coco. Coco seems very happy, giving kisses to her 'daddy', wagging her little tail, being a wiggle butt and all excited going on walks.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/1...ttle-over-dog/

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    They are going to be on the 11:00 pm news tonite, channel 10 Providence
    Hoping to keep my heavy eyelids open to watch.

CK1
    A North Attleboro couple has been granted custody of a dog. Dan and Lisa O'Connell said they rescued Coco from a beach in Aruba. Tony Gugliotta WJAR spoke with them and will tell you what they have to say about the custody battle tonight at 11:00 on NBC 10 News.

From WJAR FB page

CK1
    To watch the news online (it's on right now):

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...158473335.html

CK1
    North Attleboro couple wins custody of Coco the dog

Posted: Aug 05, 2015 8:15 PM CST Updated: Aug 05, 2015 10:28 PM CST

By Tony Gugliotta, NBC 10 News

A North Attleboro couple has been granted custody of a dog.

Lisa and Dan O'Connell said they rescued Coco, a mixed-breed dog, from a beach in Aruba in October.
    When they saw Coco on the beach, they said she was malnourished and near death.

"Dogs are not treated the same there as they are here,” Lisa said.

However, Cornelia Hajdinyak and Howard Tromb, who claim they own Coco, sued to get the dog back. They said Coco was simply lost at the time the O’Connell’s found her.

The dog fight landed in a courtroom.

On Wednesday afternoon, a judge in Attleboro District Court granted full custody of Coco to the O'Connell's.

"The judge, in his ruling, found the plaintiffs at times, less than credible," Lisa said.

Back in October, the O’Connell’s feared Coco was abandoned. They brought her to a vet.

When no one could figure out who the dog belonged to, Lisa was given two options.

"It wasn't until they said, ‘Well if you don't adopt her, she goes to the kill cage,’” said Lisa. “That's an easy decision."

The O'Connell's then took the dog home, and began the rehabilitation process.

That’s when Hajdinyak, a Swiss woman who spends half the year in Aruba, claimed Coco was her dog and she wanted her back.

"Never in a million years would I think that anyone would have wanted her back after the condition I found her in," Lisa said.

But after all the testimony and more than $10,000, a judge ruled that Coco should stay with the O’Connell’s.

The plaintiffs in the case have set up a Facebook page from the perspective of the dog entitled, “Whitey – Pinky.” The cover photo reads, "Please let me go home to my family in Aruba."

On that page, an interview with a media outlet in Aruba was posted. In it, Hajdinyak claims Coco was missing for only 48 hours, and that the O'Connell’s stole the dog.

The O'Connell’s are expecting an appeal. For now, they said they are relieved that this nine month ordeal is over.

http://www.turnto10.com/story/297208...custody-of-dog

CK1
    There is a video on this link where Coco can be seen in which condition she was found by Lisa: Coco was back then just skin and bones!

http://www.turnto10.com/story/297208...custody-of-dog

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    CK, I just saw the video of what coco looked like when they found her. if that was a dog missing for 24 hours and you could see her bones like that, she'd be dead by now if they didn't adopt her. no way that dog was well treated and looked like that, no way. Since there was no contract here, the Judge really had to base his decision on credibilty. I'm sure if he saw that video of the way the O'Connell's found the dog, then that was enough for him to decide that the O'Connell's were more credible.

An appeal is expensive. First they need the transcript, which will probably cost close to $1,000. Then they have to pay the attorney's fees again for the appeal court which will take probably another year or two if Massachusetts is anything like NJ's court system. And I guarantee you the appeal's court will uphold the Judge's decision. And the reason I'm so sure is because if the Judge was acting as jury in this case, which he was, appeals courts never overturn credibility issues. Its only legal issues they decide. They can't overturn a Jury's decision but can overturn the Judge's legal findings if the judge applied the law incorrectly. I don't see that in this case at all. And on a side note, I saw Lisa giving the dog treats. Bet she never got treats before, lol....

Thank you to all who have posted encouraging words throughout this ordeal. I am truly delighted and absolutely thrilled. The Judge's decision could not have been more spot on. The hater's will continue to hate but that's their problem not mine. I have said many prayers of Thanks as well. Coco is where God meant her to be. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

So happy it's over! Congratulations!!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast