Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Coco

Hi Everyone,
    Coco's mom here. As some of you may, the plaintiff's have appealed. It's so sad because all of the money Cornelia and Howard are spending could really go towards helping the strays of Aruba. The Judge's decision was very detailed and precise and not only raised issues on their credibility but felt that Coco would have probably died without my intervention. I am going to try and attach a copy of Judge Mather's decision but I'm not sure if this forum will allow me to. For anyone that is interested in seeing it if I am unable to attach my email is kehoelisa18@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to send you a copy. I'm so disappointed in their appeal but based on the behavior that has been demonstrated by them up to this point, I am not surprised.

Aruba since 1979
    i can dig it up and post it if you'd like

or you can!!

it certainy is not breaking any rules
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa-marie65 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Coco's mom here. As some of you may, the plaintiff's have appealed. It's so sad because all of the money Cornelia and Howard are spending could really go towards helping the strays of Aruba. The Judge's decision was very detailed and precise and not only raised issues on their credibility but felt that Coco would have probably died without my intervention. I am going to try and attach a copy of Judge Mather's decision but I'm not sure if this forum will allow me to. For anyone that is interested in seeing it if I am unable to attach my email is kehoelisa18@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to send you a copy. I'm so disappointed in their appeal but based on the behavior that has been demonstrated by them up to this point, I am not surprised.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Hi Lisa, when I read that Cornelia and Howard had appealed, I was stunned as the ruling of the judge was so clear. In addition, both were not very credible in court.

It's true, all the money used in court could help so many animals in need. What a waste!

Hang in there! It will be alright.

Please give Coco a big hug and kiss for me!

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i can dig it up and post it if you'd like

or you can!!

it certainy is not breaking any rules
    That would be great! I would be interested to read the 5-page ruling.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    so would I. I've taken down so many judge's rulings in my career as a court reporter. but as i said before, if the judge took time to give an opinion, not off the cuff, then he researched the law and since he is acting as jury (fact finder) in the case and had the opportunity to assess credibility, unless he erred big time in the law, no appellate court will overturn it. When a Judge acts as jury and judge, as in this case since there was no separate jury, it is very rare an appellate division will overturn it. I don't think in 26 years I've ever seen a Judge overturned when they acted in that capacity. Of course that's NJ. But this Judge seemed to have taken a day or two which means he researched the law, probably talked to other judges (not unheard of nor unusual), and then had the job of judging credibility on top of that. I wouldn't worry too much.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Well, I just read the opinion. Whoa, that Judge really gave it to the Plaintiffs (in a legal sense, lol). This Judge applied all Aruban Law to each of his findings. There is no way he's getting overturned. He basically said he doesn't believe they were even the real owners. He did give them credit when Coco was hit by the car and they got it medical attention but pretty much said if the dog was on the leash, she wouldn't have gotten hit. It was like no matter what they said, even if found something they said was true, he still gave them a dig. I think this Judge pretty much thought they shouldn't be allowed to have an animal. He believe the two other witnesses that testified for Lisa. Also, here's the good part. Since she is out of the country six months a year, I forget now but something under Aruban Law she wouldn't be able to say she owned the dog so she hooked up with guy as "co-owners". But ironically, she mentioned nothing about a co-owner in her initial contact. It wasn't until probably an attorney told her under Aruban Law you can't have ownership in aruba since you don't really live there.

Go Team Lisa & Coco!!

PS I like this Judge. I bet he would have been fun to work for.

We were unable to post the judge's decision. For anyone that would like to read it, feel free to email me at kehoelisa18@gmail.com and I can send you a copy. It is public information and it is very detailed, and after you read it, you will see why an appeal is an effort in futility. Ms. Hajdinyak could do so much good for Aruba by contributing to the spay and neuter campaign or donating to the several pet organizations on the island. Instead she chooses to appeal a rock solid decision. Very sad indeed.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Stay strong Lisa!!

Rooting for you, Lisa. No question you deserve Coco.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

CK1
    I agree 100% with the judge's decision! Very precise reasoning, articulate and down to the point! Bravo!

Here is a link where the judge's decision (5 pages) can be read:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0tldeise008flm/coco.pdf?oref=e

Last edited by CK1; 09-04-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast