Thread: Coco

Aruba since 1979
    thank you CK!!!!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you CK!!!!
    My pleasure, Andrea!

Love that decision, and I too think that judge sounds awesome.

My first "aha" moment when reading the decision was when the Plaintiff presented a copy of a joint ownership agreement. Hahaha. Not very believable. Who does that? Who would sit down with someone and think to put in writing the fact that they are co-owning a pet?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I agree 100% with the judge's decision! Very precise reasoning, articulate and down to the point! Bravo!

Here is a link where the judge's decision (5 pages) can be read:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0tldeise008flm/coco.pdf?oref=e

Reading through the judge's Findings where he does NOT give a lot of credit to Cornelia or Howard Tromp:

1. Regarding joined ownership: Judge: "I do not credit the balance of his (Howard Tromp) testimony."

2. "I do not find that plaintiff's Exhibit 3 is a valid agreement..."

3. "I find it entirely inconsistent..."

4. "I do not credit Mr. Tromp's testimony about Coco's proclivity to wiggle out of her collar ..."

5. "I do not credit Mr. Tomp's testimony that he had given Coco a bath on October 27, 2014..."

6. "I find that Ms. Haydinjak realized it would be difficult to establish consistent ownership of the dog insofar as she lives in Switzerland for 6 months of the year. Therefore she needed to present the theory of co-ownership to avoid being legally divested of the animal under the ordinance that allows that owners loose ownership when their animals are out of their control and wild or haggard.

7. ............ I do not accept her (Ms. Haydinjak) description of the accident as being entirely the fault of the taxi driver. It is unlikely such an accident would have occurred if the dog had been leashed......

More at above link.

Aruba since 1979
    when the judge says "credit"..............imo it is his way of saying "well that is what i think is a LIE"
    " " "inconsistent", another "lie"

I hear a decision has finally come down on the appeal - Coco gets to stay with her adoptive family in MA
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    YAY
    we were jusy speaking to "Sugar" about this case and she said the appeal was in April and they had expected a decision much sooner than now.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Not when its the appellate division. This was actually quick from my experience with the appellate. It takes one month to file, at least two months for the transcript, another month to file with the brief. This was fast. And I am thrilled Coco gets to be an American citizen, lol

Aruba since 1979

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345