Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold/Frigid Weather

Exclamation Cold/Frigid Weather

So about noontime I go into the kitchen to put together some stew for tonight's dinner. Decided to turn on the TV to catch to local weather report. Forecast finally comes up and the first thing they mention is that it was - 11 degrees in Minneapolis !!!

Thought to myself, hmm, maybe the windchill? Finished putting the stew together in the crock pot and come back into the office and look up Minneapolis current temperature and they are now having a heatwave !!! -8 degrees

Amy, you have my deepest sympathies.

If I were a millionaire , I would send a jet to MSP to whisk you off to AUA...of course picking up our friends along the way.

PLEASEEEEEEEE, that is nothing! It will be so cold here tomorrow, it will be -34 (with the wind chill factor)

I am going to get groceries today so I don't have to leave my house tomorrow except to take the kids back and forth to school.

Aruba in how many weeks?????
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    greetings one and all

got an email from my niece who is checking in daily on my house and feeding and playing with cat

she said it is so cold she wouldn't even tell me the temp

randi and kelly, owners here at lacabana are from international falls minnesota they told me this morning it was in the -20s

Hello from the frozen tundra!

Oh yes, it's a lovely, balmy day here in Minneapolis! Why oh why do I live here! Okay, it's because I love the other 9 months out of the year!

We always get a couple of weeks like this in January...always stinks. You walk out the door in the morning and you say to yourself "WTF?!?"

Lots of "black ice" on the freeways this morning and it took me 45 minutes to get to the office (normally takes me 20) - there were over 200 accidents around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area this morning.

I did just look at the weather forecast and we'll be back to 30 by Monday (thank God!)

And we're going to Scottsdale the first week of Feb....that will help get me through January....I hope!

Lisa, I will patiently wait for your jet to land!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    it will be -34 (with the wind chill factor)
    Aruba in how many weeks?????
    Randi you have my sympathies as well , and I am jealous of your countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    she said it is so cold she wouldn't even tell me the temp
    Okay, so I looked and right now at 4:44 pm and in your neck of the woods of Maine, it is a "balmy" 28 degrees.

BUT Thursday and Friday in not weather fit for man nor beast:
    Thursday

Slight Chc Snow Hi 4F

Thursday Night

Partly Cloudy Lo -12F

Friday

Cold Hi 4F

Friday Night

Mostly Cloudy Lo -7F

My advice, fwiw , STAY WHERE YOU ARE , for the rest of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Hello from the frozen tundra!
    Lots of "black ice" on the freeways this morning and it took me 45 minutes to get to the office (normally takes me 20) - there were over 200 accidents around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area this morning.
    Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound! But your forecast is worse than Andrea's for this week!

Let's everyone think WARM thoughts.

Yours truly, the weather geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound! But your forecast is worse than Andrea's for this week!
    And I have meetings on Thursday which means I have to wear a suit (pants and a blazer will not do.) I am soooooooo dreading Thursday because none of my suits are warm! Wonder if I could wear two pairs of nylons?
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

My oh my.......It is so cold everywhere I just can not wrap my head around the global warming thing !!!! Global Warming my Arse !!!!! LOL ....
    It is not very cold today, but is supposed to drop to single digits over the next couple evenings with a MINUS sign on Thursday.....I need Aruba !!!!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    It is not very cold today, but is supposed to drop to single digits over the next couple evenings with a MINUS sign on Thursday.....I need Aruba !!!!!!!!
    Our cold weather is coming your way.....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    And I have meetings on Thursday which means I have to wear a suit (pants and a blazer will not do.) I am soooooooo dreading Thursday because none of my suits are warm! Wonder if I could wear two pairs of nylons?
    The longest skirt you have with the heaviest sweater or turtle neck to fit under that jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    My oh my.......It is so cold everywhere I just can not wrap my head around the global warming thing !!!! Global Warming my Arse !!!!!
    I have to agree on this one.

[..
    It is not very cold today, but is supposed to drop to single digits over the next couple evenings with a MINUS sign on Thursday.....I need Aruba !!!!!!!![/quote]

We would kill for single digits here!! Single digits in the winter here is warm!!!!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast