Aruba Beach

Thread: Cold October

Cold October

"The average October temperature of 50.8F was 4.0F below the 20th Century average and ranked as the 3rd coolest based on preliminary data.

For the nation as a whole, it was the third coolest October on record. The month was marked by an active weather pattern that reinforced unseasonably cold air behind a series of cold fronts. Temperatures were below normal in eight of the nation's nine climate regions, and of the nine, five were much below normal. Only the Southeast climate region had near normal temperatures for October....."

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?repor...ted=Get+Report

Tried to post a funny picture in here of Al Gore (global warming) but I couldn't get the picture to show up. Darn it.

I finally got the picture to post but it was huge. Can somebody tell me how to possibly shrink the sizes of pictures so they fit nicely in a post?
    Last edited by BostonLager; 11-10-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonLager View Post
    Tried to post a funny picture in here of Al Gore (global warming) but I couldn't get the picture to show up. Darn it.

I finally got the picture to post but it was huge. Can somebody tell me how to possibly shrink the sizes of pictures so they fit nicely in a post?

Try going to the gallery http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/ and posting it there and you can then attach a thumbnail here. Or you can email it to me and I will post.

Aruba since 1979
    i was unaware that the nation pretty much as a whole (cept for south east) had a colder than normal october

i thought it was just "here in central maine"

we have had the wood pellet stove on and off since labor day wknd and pretty much on full time since mid october. we have already burned 1 ton of wood pellets (50 bags) since labor day.

we had a 4 ton pellet deliver made in september 08 and the time frame september 08 - early sept 09 we burned a total of 4 tons.

yup october was cool indeed orrin.

Thanks Arubalisa, I'll try it from the gallery. Too bad there wasn't Thread (practice thread) where you could just try to post pictures until you get the hang of it vs. trying to post a picture in a real thread and not being successful.
    Not a big deal though.
    thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Try going to the gallery http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/ and posting it there and you can then attach a thumbnail here. Or you can email it to me and I will post.