Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: colds, flu, other illnesses? need aruba now?

Aruba since 1979

colds, flu, other illnesses? need aruba now?

here we are in the midst of winter.
    so many of you are stuck homebound with colds or flu.

wishing your colds, sniffles, coughs, fevers, sneezes well.

we have been fortunate, no colds.....but plenty of allergy

wishing we could all be in aruba basking on the beach.

Agree with that! Supposed to be in the 60s this weekend! Woohoo! Can't wait to open all the windows & air out the house!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

While I absolutely love this mild winter weather,you sinuses do not! I wish I could remember the last time I could breath normally. I've been spending most days trying to convince Jon we should do 2 Aruba trips this year but so far he's not biting on it.

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i recently bought a rainbow airwasher thingy.
    it looks like a humidifier.
    it filters the air using water.

we bought it on monday and since then we have noticed a huge difference in our sinuses and eye itching.
    siginificantly better.

it is a rainbow product. (famous for their amazing unaffordable vacuum cleaners)

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    While I absolutely love this mild winter weather,you sinuses do not! I wish I could remember the last time I could breath normally. I've been spending most days trying to convince Jon we should do 2 Aruba trips this year but so far he's not biting on it.

I did not know Rainbow products were around anymore. I had a vacuum many years ago. I may have to look into this. I have terrible sinus issues as well as asthma. We are having exceptionally mild weather as well but I will not complain. So looking forward to Aruba with the sunshine and warm weather. The flu has hit our area hard. The ER's have been full and patients sent to other hospitals. Hope you are both feeling a little relief.

There has been a very nasty viral flu going around here on the island. Took over 4 weeks for my wife to recover. It affected her sinuses, stomach, strength and tiredness. The pharmacists here certainly knew all about it and provided recommendation for medications. Several friends have also had it.

We too are suffering from those allergies. Bought Lou a sonic humidifier; you can put different spa oils in it too.
    Seems to be helping Lou. He likes the lavender. Helps him sleep better too.
    Did something to my right ear. Can't hear anything from it. (Even the big grandfather clock I covered my good ear and couldn't hear anything. Really hurts too. No drainage from it. Tried using wax removal, cleaning it out... nothing. If I touch the outside it hurts too..
    Might go to the Dr. this week if it don't get better.

Aruba since 1979
    sounds like swimmers ear!
    feel better!

we are loving our rainbow "air washer" i really do not know what the name of it is.
    it is definitely not a hunidifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We too are suffering from those allergies. Bought Lou a sonic humidifier; you can put different spa oils in it too.
    Seems to be helping Lou. He likes the lavender. Helps him sleep better too.
    Did something to my right ear. Can't hear anything from it. (Even the big grandfather clock I covered my good ear and couldn't hear anything. Really hurts too. No drainage from it. Tried using wax removal, cleaning it out... nothing. If I touch the outside it hurts too..
    Might go to the Dr. this week if it don't get better.

Yesterday I had sore throat and ache and I was miserable and it hit 67 in NY yesterday. Today its in the high 40s. So I was indoor sipping rum and today I feel better…Still I wish I was in aruba in the sun and beach.

Aruba since 1979
    hope all are feeling better soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast