Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Continental Airlines

Question Continental Airlines

Anyone know the difficulties in bringing one SMALL carry-on on one of the CO's Embraers. They are the "little" 50 seaters.

Haven't flown CO in 10+ years. I "think" I remembering that on ERJ's it is luck of the draw getting an overhead bin.
    We travel with some meds and cameras which won't fit in a purse and am trying to think ahead.

Aruba since 1979
    yes i know those difficulties well.

a typical rolling "pilot case" will NOT fit in the overhead on one of the embrarer.

a gym bag (not a hockey bag) or a day pack will fit ok.

[QUOTE=Arubalisa;213291]Anyone know the difficulties in bringing one SMALL carry-on on one of the CO's Embraers. They are the "little" 50 seaters.

I fly the CO Embraers on business all of the time. The usually have you leave your bag in the jetway by the door and you pick it up in the jetway when you land along with the strollers, etc. -usually there within a couple of minutes after landing. If you put your meds and cameras in a backpack you should be ok storing on the plane. Only larger bags need to get checked. The cabin storage is very limited and mostly for briefcases, laptops, coats, etc. Seems like they are flying these planes on longer routes like Newark-O'Hare as opposed to the 1 hour puddle jumps in the past.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 10-24-2011 at 03:41 PM.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    yes, I fly to Cleveland often on that jet and you leave your bag at the jet door and pick it up when you exit.

Aruba since 1979
    but i do not think anyone should ever leave their prescription medicines and jewelry and real valuables as under the plane/checked luggage.

we have had to leave our pilot cases with the nice man at the end of the jetway when going onto an embrarer.
    it was a mad scramble to remove what we considered real valuable (toiletries, jewelry).
    the next time we flew one on one of the embrarer jets we were prepared.

if i remember correctly the overhead storage was only on one side of the plane.

Yes, we have the Embraer ATL on the way to EWR, but a 737 on the return. Been there done that with the lost luggage (on DL), but found 8 hours later.

Thanks to you kind folks I am thinking we should be good with dh and his computer bag, dd with a back pack and myself with a 13 x 9 tote.

Those are the least comfortable commercial aircraft I've ever been on. Small (thin) bags will fit in the overhead, but nothing with wheels or more than about 10" thick.

I had lived the first 40 so years of my life in Jersey and since a child had flown in and out of Newark dozens of times.

It was not until my first flight in to EWR on the Embraer did I even realize there was this little short runway running east/west at the northern end of the airport!

Up until then I had only taken off and landed on the north/south runway which runs parallel to the NJ Turnpike!

And Chadd you are absolutely correct, the most uncomfortable seats! Thanks, with 10" will also double check that back pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

And Chadd you are absolutely correct, the most uncomfortable seats! Thanks, with 10" will also double check that back pack.
    Don't quote me on the being the exact size, but you would be surprised how often people have issues with backpacks on regional aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Don't quote me on the being the exact size, but you would be surprised how often people have issues with backpacks on regional aircraft.
    I am thinking maybe go simple with a flat messenger bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast