Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: cooking/baking i am tired already and i am not the hostess.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am tired..........10 lbs potatoes, peeled, boiled, sourcreamed and whipped.
    2 apple pies made, and baked.
    3 lbs of cranberry orange relish made.
    1 swedish apple pie will have to wait til tonight.

    gosh, i hate cooking/baking.

    Why weren't we invited. I guess it's maybe too far from Noord

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,915
    sounds delicious
    we'll be dining with a large group and i hope we spend much time at the table.
    often, some in our group too, consume dinner in 20 min and disappear to the tv for football.

    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I hear you, Andrea. After cleaning the entire house and setting the tables, I've peeled and made mashed potatoes, corn pudding, dressing, pecan pies, and have the turkey in the oven as we speak. My daughter and daughter in law are responsible for the rest of the sides. The most aggravating part is that everyone will consume it all in about 20 minutes. That just doesn't seem right for several days of work.

  3. #13
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Love playing in the kitchen..... cleaned and cooked a 15 pound blue hubbard squash, peeled 10 pounds of potatoes, made the vegetable and seasoning mix for the cornbread apricot dressing and the sausage cranberry apple dressing, roasted the brussels sprouts for the Brussel sprout pomegranate and quinoa salad, made cranberry sauce. Tonight DW will do some baking. Tomorrow the 16 pound turkey goes on the Weber and I'll finish the dressings, DW will make the salads, DD will bring Reid and family and mac and cheese and a couple of sides and I'll make a vegetarian mushroom and brandy gravy. Must be Miller time by now!

  4. #14
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,915
    oh boy CP, it is way beyond miller time!!
    someday when you have a moment, i would love the recipe for the brussel sprout salad.
    (for those of you that HATE brussel sprouts...if you roast them, they take on a whole new flavor and are carmelized....like eating candy)

    where did u find a 15 lb hubbard squash?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Love playing in the kitchen..... cleaned and cooked a 15 pound blue hubbard squash, peeled 10 pounds of potatoes, made the vegetable and seasoning mix for the cornbread apricot dressing and the sausage cranberry apple dressing, roasted the brussels sprouts for the Brussel sprout pomegranate and quinoa salad, made cranberry sauce. Tonight DW will do some baking. Tomorrow the 16 pound turkey goes on the Weber and I'll finish the dressings, DW will make the salads, DD will bring Reid and family and mac and cheese and a couple of sides and I'll make a vegetarian mushroom and brandy gravy. Must be Miller time by now!

  5. #15
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh boy CP, it is way beyond miller time!!
    someday when you have a moment, i would love the recipe for the brussel sprout salad.
    (for those of you that HATE brussel sprouts...if you roast them, they take on a whole new flavor and are carmelized....like eating candy)

    where did u find a 15 lb hubbard squash?
    http://www.simplyquinoa.com/roasted-brussel-sprout-quinoa-salad/

    The squash was the smallest of 4 that I found at the local Shaw's.... actually saw a lot of Blue Hubbards at a coupla local farm stands. DW likes it better than butternut but I can't tell the difference...... I'm just the kitchen lackey trying to please.....


  6. #16
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh boy CP, it is way beyond miller time!!
    someday when you have a moment, i would love the recipe for the brussel sprout salad.
    (for those of you that HATE brussel sprouts...if you roast them, they take on a whole new flavor and are carmelized....like eating candy)

    where did u find a 15 lb hubbard squash?

    I recently found a recipe that called for baking the brussel sprouts then tossing them in balsamic vinegar and honey. Sounded good to me but I haven't tried it yet. With the exception of green beans, Jon doesn't like many green vegetables.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,915
    why aren't you in bed.
    you got a 2 AM start
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I recently found a recipe that called for baking the brussel sprouts then tossing them in balsamic vinegar and honey. Sounded good to me but I haven't tried it yet. With the exception of green beans, Jon doesn't like many green vegetables.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    why aren't you in bed.
    you got a 2 AM start
    I'm too excited. I've been up since 3am...I'm like a kid on Christmas!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  9. #19
    Senior Member MAZOO-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Posts
    184
    I'll tell you what I should have made this year----------Reservations----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO