Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

As with every case/every story, everyone has their own version of the truth and as observers it's hard to ascertain what that is......as usual, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    And this was actually Cornelia's initial thought and her biggest fear, that the dog had been picked up as a stray and killed right away! EVERY DAY dogs, puppies, cats and kittens who end up in the kill shelter get killed in a not humane way!

Initially, she was very happy to find out that the dog was rescued by a tourist from the USA and was safe and alive.

If a dog in Aruba is found as a stray and no owner can be located, the dog can be adopted out. And that is what happened.

It is also a policy of most rescue organizations that they do NOT give out name and address of the person who adopted a dog. But out of the goodness of their heart, the rescue organization gave in as Cornelia wanted only confirmation if it was really Whitney and that she was really alive.

Then Cornelia came up with the story that she had to urgently contact the new owners in the USA as the dog had a "medical condition" they needed to know about to gain access to the name and address of the new owners.

IMO, that was quite deceiving and sneaky.

When I read now the interview, paragraph 2:

How did you find/heard that your dog is with another family in the States?
    "We managed that O'Connell knew about..."

Sound kind of ironic to me. And this is just ONE out of many inconsistencies.
    Last edited by CK1; 08-03-2015 at 12:34 PM.

CK1
    On the "Whitey - Pinky" FB site is a response from the rescue organization. It's quite long, otherwise I would just post it here.

Please go directly to the link to read the response to a post dated December 7, 2014.

The response dated December 7, 2014 at 9:34am by:

ArubaKathy Andreottola Here are the facts of this case............

https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...789?fref=photo

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    No phantom co owner showed up day 2
    I was there
    in fact there are many questions on who is the supposed co owner

[QUOTE=act1966;278472]Does anybody know where this alleged Aruban "co-owner" is? Did he show up in court?[/QU
    Last edited by cindyo; 08-03-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    No THEY did not show up
    they infers more than 1

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    I am not taking sides and I will not "judge" since I (like the majority of people) do not know all of the facts and I won't speculate without ALL facts since this is not my case, not my dog, I was not there, etc. etc. But here is an interview with Yentl from Aruba's channel 15 that gives more details (and also plenty of photos on this Facebook page showing Whitey in Aruba with a collar in many photos). Just food for thought.

Yes, they did show up in court on both occasions when they were asked to be there.

https://www.facebook.com/36387419045...type=1&theater

CK1
    Whitey - Pinky... Why two names?

Because the dog belonged/belongs (?) initially to someone else living in Aruba (local?). And Cornelia "found" the dog and kept it.

It's kind of ironic...

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    No phantom co owner showed up day 2
    I was there
    in fact there are many questions on who is the supposed co owner

That's interesting.

Initially, Cornelia claimed the co-owner was the boyfriend, if I remember correct. Then she said it was the neighbor.

Who is Howard Tromp? I'm under the impression he is the neighbor.

But how much sense does it make that a "neighbor" would be a "co-owner" of a dog???

If I remember correct, the boyfriend did not want to be part of the lawsuit.

Btw: If someone wonders why I use the word "initially" so often: it's because her stories keep changing!
    Last edited by CK1; 08-03-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    No THEY did not show up
    they infers more than 1
    Per the Attleboro, MA news article - more than one did show up.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/...e362b4fef.html

A trial started Thursday in which Cornelia Hajdinyak and Howard Tromb, neighbors in Aruba, have sued Dan and Lisa O'Connell of North Attleboro for the return of the dog they call Whitey and the O'Connells named Coco.

"This is a case of purloined property, and nothing more," argued Keith Langer, a Wrentham lawyer representing plaintiffs Hajdinyak and Tromb.

But Boston lawyer Alfred Gray, who represents the O'Connells, argued that ownership of the dog by the plaintiffs needs to be established. He also argued that if it is determined that the plaintiffs owned the dog, the facts show they relinquished ownership.

It's a serious legal case that involves the emotional attachment both sides feel for the dog and a financial investment in legal fees, veterinarian bills and airline tickets.

On Thursday, there was four hours of testimony from five witnesses and tears shed by Trombs' young son and daughter, who broke down when they learned their hopes of seeing their pet for a few minutes would not be granted.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

CK1
    Going back to the beginning of the case. Here is Cornelia's initial post written on her FB.
    (I will translate it as part is written in a Swiss dialect):

Cornelia Hajdinyak Marc Pfander Mir hoffed immerno, dass Sie wieder zrugg chunt... bim Animal Shelter hät sie öpper erkennt uf em Foti, und sie vermueted dass än Touri si nach Amerika gno hät. I hope this is the case and she is still alive!!!

November 10, 2014 at 9:41pm

(My translation:
    We still hope that she will come back... at the Animal Shelter someone recognized her on a photo and they think that a tourist took her to America. I hope this is the case and she is still alive!!!

Cornelia Hajdinyak Nicolette Trindler Marc Pfander Mir händ hüt äs Foti übercho vo de Vermittlerin für Hünd in Aruba, und Euisi Whitey isch tatsächlich voneme Touri nach Amerika mitgnoh worde! Mir sind erliechtered das sie lebt... was jetzt witer passiert werded mir hoffentlich bald wüssä. Danke für Euies Mitgefühlt (Compassion) >3

November 15, 2014 at 2:32am

(My translation:
    Today we have shown a photo to the rescue organization for dogs in Aruba, and our Whitney was indeed taken to America from a tourist. We are relieved that she is alive... What happens next we will hopefully know soon. Thank you for your compassion.

Mireille Mortiers She is in the USA ???
    November 15, 2014 at 9:46am

Cornelia Hajdinyak Mireille Mortiers Yes, she is! Unbelievable!
    November 15, 2014 at 3:40pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

CK1
    I just noticed that November 10, 2014 is quite a significant day:

Not only were those initial posts made (see my previous post) but, at the same day, a very "revealing" video was uploaded.

What a coincidence!!!

IMO, it clearly shows the mindset and the priorities of this "distraught" person!

I'm speechless!

That is all I have to say!

Note: If a person who has lots to say, says nothing, that itself says a LOT!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast