Aruba Beach
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    i think in your next life you could be an investigator!!
    good logical mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    From the beginning of this case I had the feeling, something was just not right when Cornelia was asked over and over again, where she had been when the dog did not show up, why the dog was in such bad shape and covered in ticks etc, Cornelia would not really answer that questions.

Now, it becomes very obvious to me:

Cornelia and her boyfriend Christophe had left Aruba some time after Whitey/Pinky got hit by a car and was severely injured in May 2014. They brought the dog to the vet and left it there for three months. They were not there when the dog was released from the vet. They probably did not see the dog anymore since the dog got hit by a car in May 2014 (did they visit it at the vet???) as they only returned to Aruba on November 4, 2014!

Cornelia stated that they had Whitney/Pinky for three years. I wonder how much time she actually spent in Aruba during that time. As a "dog owner".

Cornelia also mentions the neighbor who is the owner of Wolly and Buddy, the two dogs Whitey/Pinky used to play with. But this neighbor was also the problem why the dog had ticks as he has no fence, does not treat his property against ticks and Whitey/Pinky would pick up ticks there when she went over to play with the other two dogs.

I wonder if this is the same neighbor who is now mentioned as the "co-owner" of Whitey/Pinky, Mr. Howard Tromb?
    If that is the case, I would agree with the lawyer that it's BOGUS.

Here is the situation in Cornelia's own words:

https://www.facebook.com/36387419045...type=3&theater

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think in your next life you could be an investigator!!
    good logical mind.
    Thanks, Andrea!

I'm named after an arch angle who is known for being a protector for the animals and a truth seeker.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bravo, nice investigating
    needed you in court
    lisa-Marie did you take note?
    ty you CK1

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I noticed something else when reading through this email from Cornelia:

Cornelia mentioned the incident where Whitey/Pinky got hit by a taxi driver who drove too fast (80km/h) and was on her cell phone. It sounded as if this taxi driver was at fault. There was a police investigation, the police took a photo of Whitey/Pinky while in a kennel at the vet office.

However, in court, she is claiming veterinary bills.

If the taxi driver was at fault, the taxi driver would have had to pay the vet bills, IMO.
    If Cornelia was at fault because the dog was NOT on a leash, she would have to pay the vet bills herself, IMO.

As a flight attendant (she listed that on her private FB), would she have to pay airline tickets? I'm not familiar with that.

Excerpt:
    It's a serious legal case that involves the emotional attachment both sides feel for the dog and a financial investment in legal fees, veterinarian bills and airline tickets.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/...e362b4fef.html

Aruba since 1979
    except there was no leash law at the time the dog was hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I noticed something else when reading through this email from Cornelia:

Cornelia mentioned the incident where Whitey/Pinky got hit by a taxi driver who drove too fast (80km/h) and was on her cell phone. It sounded as if this taxi driver was at fault. There was a police investigation, the police took a photo of Whitey/Pinky while in a kennel at the vet office.

However, in court, she is claiming veterinary bills.

If the taxi driver was at fault, the taxi driver would have had to pay the vet bills, IMO.
    If Cornelia was at fault because the dog was NOT on a leash, she would have to pay the vet bills herself, IMO.

As a flight attendant (she listed that on her private FB), would she have to pay airline tickets? I'm not familiar with that.

Excerpt:
    It's a serious legal case that involves the emotional attachment both sides feel for the dog and a financial investment in legal fees, veterinarian bills and airline tickets.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/...e362b4fef.html

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    CK, flight attendants can piggyback on flights. they don't have to pay for the flight. sometimes they get a seat, sometimes they sit in one of those flight attendant jump seats. my stepdaughter's friend is a flight attendant in Dublin. She piggybacked to Newark & then again to Aruba and back again. Flight didn't cost her anything. Good thing since she was the maid of honor. they also get buddy tickets so friends can fly either free or almost fee, just a nominal amount. their pay isn't great but they do get some perks.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    and even if there was no leash law back then, as an "owner" she had a moral responsibility in the least to protect her foo foo nee nee

Isn't this woman jeopardizing her ability to visit or live in Aruba part-time? It's becoming obvious she's not following established laws around dog ownership.

She does not have a job as a flight attendant. Her FB page may say one thing but that is not correct She does not work, according to her own court document. She is an osteopath. She "works" when she is in Aruba. However, as a tourist you are not allowed to work.
    Last edited by Aruba Susan; 08-04-2015 at 07:54 PM.

The law was dated 2012 but it was not actually put into effect until 2015. So the law did not apply yet. Too bad they waited so long, it is sad for the animals.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast