Aruba Beach
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 148 of 148
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

  1. #141
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    OMG, she really is a pilot???
    Seems so!

    For someone with no job she does an awful lot of flying/traveling/vacationing:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-...8MHF-RA/videos

    How would she ever find the time to take care of a dog?

  2. #142
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Misrepresented..... The 14 letter word for LIED.
    Yes. She did go so far as to say misrepresented. There were many other inconsistencies.

  3. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Seems so!

    For someone with no job she does an awful lot of flying/traveling/vacationing:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-...8MHF-RA/videos

    How would she ever find the time to take care of a dog?
    Yes, I saw those too.

    I have been aware of this story since last November when it all started. The foster mom for our "Aruba Special" was very upset and angry. So I looked into why. I have seen the many, many changes in the story, the many posts that were deleted. As "facts" have come out in court documents, IMO there are numerous statements on the FB page are not true, and information was "omitted" which IMO was because it did not make her look sympathetic.

  4. #144
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Susan View Post
    Yes, I saw those too.

    I have been aware of this story since last November when it all started. The foster mom for our "Aruba Special" was very upset and angry. So I looked into why. I have seen the many, many changes in the story, the many posts that were deleted. As "facts" have come out in court documents, IMO there are numerous statements on the FB page are not true, and information was "omitted" which IMO was because it did not make her look sympathetic.
    I noticed as well that posts by Cornelia were edited or she deleted them again.
    I also noticed that post from people who asked critical questions, were deleted.

    Back then, just for the heck of it, I took some screenshots!

    I would be most interested in the facts which came out in court. I will be patient.

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    And this was actually Cornelia's initial thought and her biggest fear, that the dog had been picked up as a stray and killed right away! EVERY DAY dogs, puppies, cats and kittens who end up in the kill shelter get killed in a not humane way!

    Initially, she was very happy to find out that the dog was rescued by a tourist from the USA and was safe and alive.

    If a dog in Aruba is found as a stray and no owner can be located, the dog can be adopted out. And that is what happened.

    It is also a policy of most rescue organizations that they do NOT give out name and address of the person who adopted a dog. But out of the goodness of their heart, the rescue organization gave in as Cornelia wanted only confirmation if it was really Whitney and that she was really alive.

    Then Cornelia came up with the story that she had to urgently contact the new owners in the USA as the dog had a "medical condition" they needed to know about to gain access to the name and address of the new owners.

    IMO, that was quite deceiving and sneaky.

    When I read now the interview, paragraph 2:

    How did you find/heard that your dog is with another family in the States?
    "We managed that O'Connell knew about..."

    Sound kind of ironic to me. And this is just ONE out of many inconsistencies.
    She said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of the kill cage until this case. As you noted, on her FB page(s) it says she was afraid the mean neighbor took the dog to the kill cage. She also said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of a stray dog problem on Aruba. However, on her FB page she said she used to buy dog food and drive around feeding stray dogs. The FB statements precede the court documents by more than 6 months. IMO it is inconceivable that she was unaware of what she had said, and to directly contradict it in a sworn statement does not show respect for the judicial system.

  6. #146
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Susan View Post
    She said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of the kill cage until this case. As you noted, on her FB page(s) it says she was afraid the mean neighbor took the dog to the kill cage. She also said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of a stray dog problem on Aruba. However, on her FB page she said she used to buy dog food and drive around feeding stray dogs. The FB statements precede the court documents by more than 6 months. IMO it is inconceivable that she was unaware of what she had said, and to directly contradict it in a sworn statement does not show respect for the judicial system.

    Thanks for this info. I hope, the judge is fully aware of all those discrepancies, misrepresentations and inconsistencies.

    Right from the start I had the feeling Cornelia could not keep her stories straight! That's usually the problem if someone is telling lies!

  7. #147
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Susan View Post
    She said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of the kill cage until this case. As you noted, on her FB page(s) it says she was afraid the mean neighbor took the dog to the kill cage. She also said in her (sworn) court document that she was not aware of a stray dog problem on Aruba. However, on her FB page she said she used to buy dog food and drive around feeding stray dogs. The FB statements precede the court documents by more than 6 months. IMO it is inconceivable that she was unaware of what she had said, and to directly contradict it in a sworn statement does not show respect for the judicial system.
    How weird!

    Cornelia even "liked" some of the FB posts of "Aruba Foundation Cas Animal Sanctuary":

    May 3, 2015
    October 29, 2014
    October 18, 2014

    Here is the cached version of the FB site:

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

  8. #148
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,888
    we have talked and talked and i think it is time to close this thread.

    when there is a decision by the court in attleboro, i am sure one of us will post it.........jacki or i will copy it into this thread.

    and to all a good night!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO