Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    My animals are indoor but I feed 5 stray cats, three are regulars and two are fly by nights, lol. If I don't see the regulars for more than three days, I'm in my car driving around. Do not give the dog back. Run up her legal bills with adjournments, you can stretch this out for two years, same as the judicial system in Aruba, lol. They stretch out rulings but can't hold a candle to USA courts. I know lawyers who can turn judicial adjournments into an art form

Quote Originally Posted by lisa-marie65 View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I have been blessed by so many supporters. For anyone questioning my actions, "Would you wait two weeks to look for your dog on an island with a kill shelter? Would you wait one week? I wouldn't wait 5 minutes. I would be out and about immediately. I always say that actions speak louder than words. Even if there was no kill shelter, any real animal lover would react immediately.
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum Lisa-Marie65!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hopefully all will go in your favor

I live like 10 min away, if you go to court pls post and I will come for support!!

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    much luck in your legal battles with the former owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa-marie65 View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I have been blessed by so many supporters. For anyone questioning my actions, "Would you wait two weeks to look for your dog on an island with a kill shelter? Would you wait one week? I wouldn't wait 5 minutes. I would be out and about immediately. I always say that actions speak louder than words. Even if there was no kill shelter, any real animal lover would react immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I stand by my original statement in that I hope you (Lisa-Marie65) do the right thing and send Coco back to its owner in Aruba.

I truly believe your heart was in the right place and you were attempting for help a dog. But once the owner reached out to you, Coco needed to be sent back once you realized that Coco had an owner. You might not agree with the way Coco had been raised, but that is not up to you unless the dog was being abused or was homeless. By all accounts from the owners Facebook page, Coco had a great life in Aruba.
    I respectfully disagree and hope that the dog stays with the new, attentive, owner.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I stand by my original statement in that I hope you (Lisa-Marie65) do the right thing and send Coco back to its owner in Aruba.

I truly believe your heart was in the right place and you were attempting for help a dog. But once the owner reached out to you, Coco needed to be sent back once you realized that Coco had an owner. You might not agree with the way Coco had been raised, but that is not up to you unless the dog was being abused or was homeless. By all accounts from the owners Facebook page, Coco had a great life in Aruba.
    I respectfully disagree.

I don't know the previous owner of Coco but I have been reading on her FB page as well. I'm just getting very bad vibes. It seems to me everything is just somebody else's fault, like when the dog got hit by the car, walking in Malmok area. The dog had no leash on. She blame's the driver for driving too fast and she blames Aruba's laws (there was no leash law). When I read comments like that, she just lost me right there.

Furthermore, the property she lives (when in Aruba) is at Malmok (the area where the dog was hit by the car). If the dog goes all by itself to the beach, the dog has to cross LB Smith Boulevard again! Taking again the high risk getting hit or killed by a car.

It also seems to me this lady is not always in Aruba, from her personal FB it seems she is working for Swiss airlines. IMO, this explains why she was not looking herself for the dog for 2 weeks.

I also wonder who is actually looking after the dog (if it would return to Aruba)? She has a job as it seems. With the new law that dogs will be picked up if wandering the streets, beach ect. - who will actually go to the shelter in time, within 3 days??? Then they it can be put to sleep! And this was in fact the initial thought and worry of this lady! IMO, this scenario can become reality very quickly, or, the dog gets hit by a car again.

My thoughts are only: What would be in the best interest of the dog? IMO, Coco is now with a loving and caring family who has actually time for her and her needs. JMO.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Please go directly to the link to read a post dated December 6, 2014

The response dated December 7, 2014 at 9:34am caught the most my attention as it states some facts about this case:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...789?fref=photo
    Last edited by CK1; 04-05-2015 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Following request of Mods

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    that letter says it all. one of my first posts on this subject that she was out for money. I have no doubt in my mind that is where this is going. if that's the case, then to the real mommy of this dog, (the one in the states), wear her out. she'll give up. someone probably told her americans are rich and if you sue, they'll settle out of court. do not settle. possession is 9/10's of the law. save that letter from Kathy at Arf-Aruba. this case would be thrown out of court on a summary judgment motion. she admitted she wants you to have the puppy. on the other hand, if she says differently, then she'll be perceived a liar. either way, you win.

Dear Everyone who supports me,
    Having support from people unknown to me has been tremendous. For clarification, there are two plaintiffs. One who no one seems to realize is a plaintiff and Ms. Hadjinyak. Ms. Hadjinyak is a citizen of Switzerland to the best of my knowledge. Therefore, and I believe she has said this on her news segment, that she does not reside on the island full time. In fact, the day my Coco was finally released from the vet on the island due to the car accident in May, the vet had someone drive the dog to her address. How sad is that? A dog is in the doggie hospital which looked like a concrete slab and no one is there to pick her up? The other plaintiff, Howard E Tromp, was never stated as an owner in the beginning of this???? Also, Ms. Hadjinyak is proclaiming that I told her to sue me in Court. I would love to see where that information is. In her news article she claims its in the North Attleboro Police Report. It is not. I have it, it is a public record and no where does it say that. This has been such a difficult time with people whom side with her being quite vicious and downright mean but I have faith the Court will be able to see truth from fiction and do the right thing. There is no trial date yet. Cindy, thank you for wanting to come and support me. It truly is so wonderful how good people can be!
    n

Andrea J: Where you in Aruba in October of 2013 during the World Series? You look like someone I met at Champions. I know the woman I met was from Massachusetts but I don't remember where.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast