Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    No. I was there in November.
    Originally from MA but relocated to Florida 5 yrs ago.

Thanks for the clarification re the Swiss lady.

lisa-marie65 hang in there! Keep what is rightfully yours.

From a supporter in nearby RI
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979

I'm hoping the vet will be testifying as to the condition the dog was in when brought in - that will resolve it.

I find this HIGHLY disturbing:

A volunteer from the animal relief group, also known as ARF, testified stray animals are so much of a problem in Aruba the government euthanizes about 8,000 stray dogs a year in "kill cages."

An island the size of Aruba should be able to get the proliferation of strays under control and stop this madness and killing.

Aruba since 1979
    agree with you 100%.
    the government needs a special department or committee to deal with "animal control/population".......and needs to promote education, responsibility, spay/neutor etc...

i was disappointed to read that the trial will continue on july 31. i wonder why the delay?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'm hoping the vet will be testifying as to the condition the dog was in when brought in - that will resolve it.

A volunteer from the animal relief group, also known as ARF, testified stray animals are so much of a problem in Aruba the government euthanizes about 8,000 stray dogs a year in "kill cages."

An island the size of Aruba should be able to get the proliferation of strays under control and stop this madness and killing.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

I completely agree with you!

Unfortunately, the government of Aruba is not doing too much, just "getting rid" of many dogs and cats, puppies and kittens ~ and this in a very cruel and inhuman way but letting those animal suffer in the kill cages. They are left there without food or water, they don't care if an animal is injured and suffering. When they kill dogs and throw them on a truck to dispose of them, some are still breathing! It's just unbelievable!

There are some rescue organizations who try to help the dogs and cats in Aruba. One of them is Marie Geerman, she started a few months ago a fundraiser to have a team of veterinarians come in and do a massive spay/neuter program in Aruba. The date is set for March next year as they are booked out that far. But it will still take a lot to continue to take care of the then spayed/neutered cats and dogs in trying to find good homes.

There is a thread about this topic:

Learned something sad this trip...any answers???

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/learned-something-sad-trip-any-answers-63986/

I hope I didn't go too far off topic, it's just something which is so near and dear my heart. Those cats and dogs are precious, as are all around the world.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Andrea, with the court system there is ALWAYS a delay. It could be anything from a witness delay to somebody going to the dentist. I one time had the judge recess early so I could make a bikini wax, and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    agree with you 100%.
    the government needs a special department or committee to deal with "animal control/population".......and needs to promote education, responsibility, spay/neutor etc...

i was disappointed to read that the trial will continue on july 31. i wonder why the delay?
    I find it unfortunate that the "justice(???)" system decided to hear this case. However, it is in Massachusetts so I really shouldn't be surprised by anything. BTW, CindyO wants to go, it's less than five miles from our home.

As for the delay, I hope this results in costs skyrocketing for the plaintiffs. Let's hope they spend tens and tens of thousands and go home empty handed with empty pockets.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    It was to be continued
    nithing wrong
    just long
    i hope to go on July 31st for moral support

Aruba since 1979

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast