Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: couple in legal battle to keep dog they say was rescued in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    hopefully the judge will restore faith in the USA judicial system.
    fwiw, i think that they need to ignore "ownership" as if the dog is "property".
    quite possibly the plaintiff relinquished "ownership" when she left aruba, leaving the dog to fend for himself.
    here's hoping the judge does the right thing.
    i hope that the o'connell's become the dog's legal parents once and for all.

I'm upset that the USA court even agreed to hear the case.

The plaintiff is obviously of substantial financial means and, thus, could have provided for adequate care for the dog in her absence versus letting it roam free for half a year at a time. Flight attendant? What kind of flight attendant makes enough money to live on two continents and file a lawsuit over a dog in a third continent? There has to be more to this story.

.....the dog should stay where it is.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

The dog is a legal resident of USA and the state of mass
    Isn't procession 9/10th of the law. .. (or something like that )

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I'm upset that the USA court even agreed to hear the case.

The plaintiff is obviously of substantial financial means and, thus, could have provided for adequate care for the dog in her absence versus letting it roam free for half a year at a time. Flight attendant? What kind of flight attendant makes enough money to live on two continents and file a lawsuit over a dog in a third continent? There has to be more to this story.

.....the dog should stay where it is.
    Yeah, what Rob said!!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I was in court with the family Friday
    I went in show of support
    I feel Lisa and Dan should be allowed to keep the dog
    To many inconsistencies from Cornelia

Thank you Gaby for your comments of " all kinds of crazy"
    David I totally disagree with you !

I will not take this post to the next level of crazy, but only say I would defend the O' Connell's in their plight!

Hang in there Lisa and Dan, I can only pray that the judge does the right thing and let's you keep CoCo
    I hope the judge notices those inconsistencies from Cornelia as well and acts accordingly.

A while back I had followed this case and noticed the same thing.

If the judge bases his decision on the facts of the case as it applies to the law, Whitey will be given back to the rightful owners in Aruba. With this case and any legal case, feelings must be put aside and let the facts dictate the outcome. We might not agree with the law, but it is the current system that we have.

I don't mind standing alone on this matter. Cornelia might not be the perfect owner, but Whitey is her legal owner. There was no evidence presented that Whitey was abused or neglected. By Aruba standards, she was a dog that was allowed to rome free and would later come back to her home.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I wrote a long response
    i just deleted it
    not going there

Aruba since 1979
    this forum is all about sharing thoughts, opinions and information, with respect and kindness, no threats, no dissing, no nastiness.

the last few posts have shown that; restraint ....respect.........david, posting his thoughts and cindy, showing restraint in her disagreement........also showing respect.

thank you cindy and retagger and all others who feel strongly about this case.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, I wouldn't say the dog wasn't neglected. she may be the owner but considering the facts, the dog was obviously neglected. if she was out of the country and the dog was roaming around by itself dehydrated, emaciated as the USA owners said, and I have no reason to not believe them either, then though she may be the owner, she is a "neglectful owner". I feed 5 stray cats. If one of them isn't here for three days in a row, i'm out walking the blocks and in my car, just to make sure something didn't happen. and when we go to Aruba, as soon as I book the flight, I make sure the animals are taken care of with someone totally responsible (including taking care of the strays).

So though she may be the "owner", she by no means is a "responsible" owner. I even put in my will a provision for someone to take care of my animals if they should outlive me. They should have DYFS for people with animals like they do for people with kids, lol....

Anyway, sorry about going on but I truly am an animal lover so it breaks my heart.

Just so glad there are so many supporters here for a person who wants to make a difference in another person's life regardless....
    We all know deep down in our hearts that this baby was abuse, neglected, and left on his own to survive like a wild wolf..
    Just wish people would think before getting any pet. Volunteer at the local shelter for a few weeks straight and see the actually dedication it takes to
    care for any new family addition.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast