Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Cruise trip insurance question

Cruise trip insurance question

The other trip insurance thread reminded me that I have a question. I know some of you are frequent cruisers, so I was hoping you could help. When you cruise, do you use insuremytrip or travel guard the same way you would a land vacation? Will it cover airfare and the cruise? When do you purchase? Would it be better to purchase through the ship in case you needed to use their doctor? Anyone ever had to use their trip insurance on a cruise?

My plan is not to buy any insurance until we get to the date where the deposit is non-refundable. We are going on a cruise for a friend's wedding next year.

Aruba since 1979
    i always use the insure my trip and NOT the one that the cruise line offers.

it will cover the air/cruise/medical/emergency evac etc.

i usually purchase insurance when i book (if i remember) and sometimes i book later on!

in the event of being airlifted off the ship it is HUGE $

enter in the full amount of the air and cruise and port taxes.
    if you are flying to the port, i totally recommend flying in 1 day early!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The other trip insurance thread reminded me that I have a question. I know some of you are frequent cruisers, so I was hoping you could help. When you cruise, do you use insuremytrip or travel guard the same way you would a land vacation? Will it cover airfare and the cruise? When do you purchase? Would it be better to purchase through the ship in case you needed to use their doctor? Anyone ever had to use their trip insurance on a cruise?

My plan is not to buy any insurance until we get to the date where the deposit is non-refundable. We are going on a cruise for a friend's wedding next year.

Totally agree with Andrea.
    We always take the insurance (except for one time and it cost me)
    and not through the ship either. I have seen people with and without it when they had injuries.
    I usually get it through my TA (road side car assistance)
    Yes fly in the day before... I flew out of MCO to SJU the ship wasn't leaving till 10pm my flight was supposed to be there at 1030 am
    well they canceled that flight with no other flights till the next day.
    Took a taxi to West Palm... cost me $500.00 plus tip. Wanted cash only too..
    After writing to the airline CEO they did refund me. (the guy at the counter told me it was only an hr away... nope 3 hrs and just made the flight)