Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cruising to Aruba

Okay ... I am working too many hours. Just now realizing you're on a cruise ship now.
    Sorry to hear about your seasick. It is so true once you do a land trip to Aruba you can't adjust to a cruise. We know that.
    Enjoy the beach, try to get some ginger tablets or ginger candy (chews) really helps.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Guess cruise lines don't make enough money, they have to add more cabins. Sounds like they should have done rehabs but left the cabins as is for more comfort. At least you are on a vacation, hope you are feeling better today. I used to bring ginger snap cookies (just in case) but never needed them. Gloomy, rainy day here in western mass. just thinking of some nice warm sunshine, please send some our way and have fun

I hope you are feeling better Andrea.

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks all

seasickess gone but we r in aruba for another 26 min.

The group that I am with all love aruba and are now planning a land visit.

I went on the Destiny out of Puerto Rico years ago and I hated that ship. I don't like carnival. My cabin was really hot and there was no temperature control in the room. I had a balcony so I would open the door but then i would be windy. Of all the cruise lines I prefer Celebrity..

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I went on the Destiny out of Puerto Rico years ago and I hated that ship. I don't like carnival. My cabin was really hot and there was no temperature control in the room. I had a balcony so I would open the door but then i would be windy. Of all the cruise lines I prefer Celebrity..
    Celebrity is our favorite. We also like Princess. Royal Caribbean is pretty good, but their ships are so huge now and I don't think that the food is as good as Celebrity. I've only had one Carnival cruise and it was nice. The only bad cruise I've ever had was on NCL. It was so bad that I won't even enter a contest for a free NCL cruise now. By the way, we did win a cruise on Celebrity Solstice a few years ago when it was brand new. That was wonderful.

I've gone on 8 cruises with NCL. They did start off as good but then everything started to go down hill. On the last cruise I took with NCL the best meals were at the specialty restaurant and the main dinning room meals were so so. I mean come on meat loaf on a dinner cruise menu? SMH. Celebrity is the best dining experience. I'm actually looking at a cruise with celebrity next year.

Aruba since 1979
    My favorite is celebrity and holland.
    However Carnival gives us the best deals.

Yes, Carnival does give the best deals... they have a new ship coming out that is supposed to be bigger.
    Royal has gotten so bigger with the prices to go with. Our last few cruises we were disappointed with Royal.
    Do like Princess...

Hope the next leg of the journey is less rocky.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast