Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Hell

Thumbs down Dell Hell

www.ihatedell.NET
    I spent two hours on the phone with them this afternoon. The wiped out the hard drive. I gave up in frustration.

Dh has been on the phone with them for the past 5+ hours. We own 4 Dells, our parents each own 2. Never again, no more!!!

Happy St. Patricks Day. NOT!

Wow thats sucks! What happened? I have owned many Dells over the past 15 years with not many problems caused by Dell. Most problems are caused by surfing the web or opening malicoius emails. What exactly happened? Why did you need to call them in the first place?

This afternoon I had two windows open and went to close both and the machine froze. Restarted and got an error message that there was a missing driver and it was all downhill.

I "think" it was just a lemon. It is a 3 yo desktop. Has had motherboards replaced three times and memory twice. Thank goodness for warranties. Warranties don't reimburse for our labor and time on the phone though.

The latest motherboard replacement took place about a month ago and now none of the USB ports on the monitor work, which they always had before.

We have 5 Dells. I agree with Lisa....never again. When I need tech support, I visit the little geek down the street. Two advantages: (1) he knows his stuff....doesn't work from a pre-determined menu; (2) speaks english.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Dh ended up on the phone for a total of 8 hours, working until about 12:30 a.m. and still not fixed.

Operating system is reinstalled but it won't recognize the network or external hard drive.

After this, I will especially NOT work on the machine without have the backup capability to an external source.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Was DH able to understand anyone on the phone....think not !!! I know I finally got agrevated with them on a problem and told them to put someone on I could understand.....

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh that is a nightmare.
    so sorry to hear of your troubles with the damn DELLS

we had dells and gateways and those got dumped

now we both have hp laptops (knowck wood)

and..............i wish you well and wish you both much patience

May I humbly suggest switching to Macintosh? There is a program now that allows you to start a Mac in either Windows or the Mac Operating System. I've used the windows side only a little but things worked fine. Of course, the Mac side is a dream. Mrs. 44 won't even say the letter P and C next to each other.

Anyway, maybe an alternative.

As Captain John Lynch once said, "We have two of everything we need and three of the things we really like."

Bon dia from la isla.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Was DH able to understand anyone on the phone....think not !!! I know I finally got agrevated with them on a problem and told them to put someone on I could understand.....
    It seems the person I spoke to in the afternoon who erased the hard drive, after I specifically told him not to, was in Malaysia. His English was fine.

Dh had some problems and then remembered that we had paid extra for North American tech support on our newest laptop (which I am on now at the orthodontist's office ) and somehow got tranferred over to there. THEN it was a matter of finding someone who could understand the PROBLEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    omgosh that is a nightmare. so sorry to hear of your troubles with the damn DELLS

we had dells and gateways and those got dumped

now we both have hp laptops (knowck wood)

and..............i wish you well and wish you both much patience
    Funny you mention HP. We had HP before Dell, bad luck with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    May I humbly suggest switching to Macintosh? There is a program now that allows you to start a Mac in either Windows or the Mac Operating System. I've used the windows side only a little but things worked fine. Of course, the Mac side is a dream. Mrs. 44 won't even say the letter P and C next to each other.

Anyway, maybe an alternative.

As Captain John Lynch once said, "We have two of everything we need and three of the things we really like."

Bon dia from la isla.

Thanks for the info. I will surely mention the possibility of switching over the Mac. He was a Mac user when we first met 14 years ago.

Is it June yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

Thanks for the info. I will surely mention the possibility of switching over the Mac. He was a Mac user when we first met 14 years ago.

Is it June yet???
    Quit Mac for good back in 2003 after tiring of compatibility issues.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast