Aruba Beach

Thread: delta is deceptive

mac

delta is deceptive

delta runs ads saying if you have a gold amex skymiles card your first bag is free. we have that card and when my wife flew from mich to atlanta last week they charged her $23 each way for her bag, even tho she has the card with her ff# on it. when i called delta they said amex has to link it to delta so i had to call amex. their excuse was that i was the owner of the card and she was just an extra user and only the owner gets the free bag. seems pretty petty to me. they did offer to open up an account for my wife. nice of them. guess when we use up our ff miles its the end of that card.

We quite trying to earn extra airline miles. They are largely useless anymore. Just give me Cashback TY.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    delta runs ads saying if you have a gold amex skymiles card your first bag is free. we have that card and when my wife flew from mich to atlanta last week they charged her $23 each way for her bag, even tho she has the card with her ff# on it. when i called delta they said amex has to link it to delta so i had to call amex. their excuse was that i was the owner of the card and she was just an extra user and only the owner gets the free bag. seems pretty petty to me. they did offer to open up an account for my wife. nice of them. guess when we use up our ff miles its the end of that card.
    Hate to be a backer of the airlines but.....if you read the fine print, the cardholder/owner gets the perks (free bags) and must also use the CC to pay for your airline ticket to get it. I don't think its deception - its just advertising. Alot of companies do it so many different ways. You must always read the fine print. Sorry.

Only reason we still use ff miles is because my husband travels 50,000+ miles for work every year and gets double miles for being Gold Medallion (it adds up quick when you travel for business alot and use their CC, too.)
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 10-14-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I have to agree with Amy.

First Checked Bag Free

Basic Cardmembers with a Gold, Platinum, or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express may check their first bag for free on all Delta and Delta Connection® flights. The benefit applies to up to 9 people traveling in the eligible Cardmember’s reservation. ...
    Terms & Conditions

Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card are eligible to receive the first checked bag fee waiver on Delta and Delta Connection carrier tickets. "

I am moving this thread to "off topic" in that Delta does not charge ANYONE for the first bag on International flights to Aruba.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...cked/index.jsp
    For travel between the United States or Canada and Mexico, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda & Cayman Islands:

• First checked bag: No fee applies
    • Second checked bag: 27 USD/CAD* if checked in online or 30 USD/CAD* at the airport