Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destination Suggestion Similar to Aruba?

Smile beaches, beaches

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Does it have to be a beach destination?

If you're interested in Spain (not the beaches) I have lots of info on my blog. Plenty of interesting history, great food, interesting culture. There are some very good tours if you don't speak Spanish.

Anyway, I also like Key West.

Bon dia.

Spain has some great beaches but they're not in the mainland but in the Canary islands. There's an island called Fuerteventura with kms of white powder sand beach.
    And believe me, I know Caribbean beaches well.
    I have been to Aruba and to most Cuban beaches. Fuerteventura is really nice in that regard, but just that, you won't find an extremely developed island with lots to do.
    On that part, lanzarote is a very peculiar interested volcanic island, it offers a great contrast in its landscape, you can see volcanic rocks , an almost lunar scenery, right next to white long beaches. Interesting island. Jose Saramago, the Portuguese writer, lived in lanzarote for many years until his recent death.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Key West is a place I'd like to visit, after taking a few days to drive down from Miami -- any sugggestions (where to stay, eat, swim, etc!) would be really helpful!
    Staying in Key West can be very challenging to find a vacancy and expensive. We usually stay on one of the other keys such as Duck Key in Marathon and stay a couple of days in Key West itself.

West Deck in the afternoon
    The Florida keys are wonderful, but beaches just don't compare to Aruba. Check out Hawks Cay Resort in Duck key Maraton. Lovely lagoon beach, great pool and one of the best buffet breakfasts I've ever experienced. You can take a walk after breakfast and watch the dolphins. If it's Key West you want it's only an hours drive and an easy day trip. In Key West there is also the Hyatt Botique Resort which is within walking distance of Duval St for shopping restaraunts etc. The beach at the Hyatt is quite small though.

Happy Mom....Provo-Turks & Caicos is about as close as it gets to Aruba. We've been several times.....but last year we found ARUBA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12