Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney in November! I think

Disney in November! I think

Well Aruba is set for July 10-17.....

Then I wanted to take my wife away for our anniversary and I asked for suggestions on here. I actually decided to do a couple of days in Vegas. Just waiting for some Jet Blue Points to get credited to book the tickets. I will wind up having the airfare for free (minus taxes).... DW does no know about Vegas, gonna be a morning wake up and I will tell her to pack a bag!

Now DW wants to take the kids to Disney. We have not been since 2005 when kids were 2 and 4 months.

DW thinks that we will have the credits and such from Jet Blue, but they will be gone with Vegas. DW never really asks for anything, so I am trying to crunch the numbers to see if we can do it. But hate to say that Disney might nix an Aruba trip in 2011....

Anyone been to Disney lately. We got spoiled last trip when we stayed at the Contemporary, the monorail in the hotel was phenominal!! We will only be going for 5 days. The price of 5 days is about the same price as my 8 day Aruba trip. Disney is such a rip-off. But its Disney!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    ahhhh the costs of a disney experience! obscene isn't it?

isn't right now if you book, you get a $500-750.00 gift card, that you can use for eating . when were you going to go again ? I was there in Dec

My fiance and I went last November and of course it was fun (Disney is always fun). The biggest problem was that we went the week of thanksgiving, we will never do that again. There are just too many people that week, the employees were not what they used to be, that could be because of how busy it was though. They say that the week of thanksgiving is the busiest week of the year, I would not doubt that. One day when we were there Magic Kingdom had reached capacity within an hour of opening. I would suggest going just not the same week that we went.

P.S. We went to Disney World, not sure if you are talking about Disney Land (California) or Disney World (Florida)

Okay, here is an idea.

Tell your dw that you really want to wait until the girls are just a bit older to go back to Disney so that they REALLY remember it.

Go to Aruba in 2010 and 2011.
    Go to Disney 2012 so the kids will have something to compare to. Between now and then you will have plenty of time to mentally adjust to skipping Aruba one year.

The kids will then be old enough to tell you they would rather go to Aruba than Disney.

Worked for us! Though we took her to Disney first, she was old enough to make the comparison, and for her, hands down, Aruba is her first choice. Now we don't have to go back. Dd's comment, "...it was like spending 8 nights in paradise!" <<<-- and she is not referring to Disney.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    KATH2ME...how do you get the gift card?

We would be going for "Teachers Convention" a NJ thing. So it would be the first weekend of Nov. We would do 5 days 4 nights
    Decided to take down my timer!

disney

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    KATH2ME...how do you get the gift card?
    arubalisa sent the site , got to be at least a 5 nite stay

disney

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    We would be going for "Teachers Convention" a NJ thing. So it would be the first weekend of Nov. We would do 5 days 4 nights
    can't you do 5 nites, you can get a gift card, click on site that arubalisa sent, at least help with food and etc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast