Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a beach "at home"?

mpc111.....
    .....Revere, Chelsea, Everett, Malden, or Medford?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Chelsea....but don't hold that against me.

Quote Originally Posted by mpc111 View Post
    Chelsea....but don't hold that against me.
    Everett....but I went to Parochial School in Chelsea!

Now I'll get back on topic....

Kelly's is a Roast Beef, Fried Clam, Clam Chowder, Lobster Roll shack on Revere Beach, which is about five minutes north of Boston's Logan Airport. Revere Beach is the USA's first public beach. Its "heyday" was the roaring 20's. It was a big destination until the 50's when it started to fall into disrepair. I remember the last days of the amusement park that came down in the 60's.

Kally's was founded in the early 50's and is one of the few landmarks that has survived time. In my early adulthood, I spent many an evening there having (I confess) hangover food. I greeted the sunrise on more than one occasion....realizing it was time for work!

Still make the trek there from RI once or twice a year.....have to say hello to and feed my old seagull friends!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I'm spoiled by living on Cape Cod, and there are awesome beaches less than 10 minutes away! I probably get there two or three times a week. However..................it is a looooong cold winter, raw and windy, with no real Spring.
    We've "had it" by March, so it's the perfect time to get away to somewhere warm and sunny with a great beach!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    I guess the closest beach to us is about 35 min away... My mil owns a small condo in wildwood (about 2 hrs from me) we try and get down at least once during the summer. (she usually rents it out) we usually hit the pool. (dh hates the sand on his feet,,,, and married me who loves the beach! But the jersey beaches sure do not stand up to the beach in aruba.. Not even close!!!

I'm about an hour away from the CT shore, about 2 hours if I want to make the trek to RI. One of my brothers has a pool, and as an absolute resort, I'll hang at his pool. I much rather get sand between my toes. While CT or RI beaches are not as nice as Aruba, it does the trick.

A southerner chiming in on this one. I live in Houston and Galveston is about an hours drive away. My parents own a home on the beach there which we go to during the summer which can run from April - Sept here in Texas. Doesn't come close to Aruba though; water is brown, sand is brown...but it is a beach none the less and a nice quick get away with the kidlet. We've already schedule a week at the house this July and will be there over the 4th as well. LOVE "doing" our own fireworks.

Aruba since 1979
    now that i am a "floridian" i can say.
    we live 35 miles from the gulf beaches (clearwater beaches)
    we live about 25 miles from some of tampa bay beaches (davis beach is only one i know of)

numerous lakes that some may swim in, BUT i think the gators are a big reason to avoid lake swimming.

at our maine home we were about 35 miles northwest of popham beach brrrrrrr.
    and 100 miles from old orchard, york, kennebunk and ogunquit beaches

Today is/was a hot, sunny day in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I took off from my local airport and flew down to Cape May and then all along the New Jersey coast, almost to Sandy hook. The beaches looked great, even if the water is probably a little cold.

I posted a few photos at: http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2010/0...oastal-flying/

(This was better than my last flight over the same terriroty in February on the morning before one of those 2+ foot snowfalls.)

New Jersey has some nice beaches and coastal culture that should not be discounted.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast