Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a beach "at home"?

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    New Jersey has some nice beaches and coastal culture that should not be discounted.
    I would not trade my childhood years growing up a block from the ocean in Mantoloking for all of the money in the world.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would not trade my childhood years growing up a block from the ocean in Mantoloking for all of the money in the world.
    Ditto! What an incredible experience, and sometimes I take it for granted. Remember the beach parties as a young teen? So innocent, such fun!

I am saddened to have to say grew up with no beach close and still no beach close....not even a pool in backyard, although 2 of my family members have them and I can jump on golf cart to get there....never seem to go...too much work gathering all the equipment I need to go there, you know.....beach towel, rum, flipflops, rum, beach bag, rum, suntan lotion, rum, rum, rum......Oh, sorry I was just having a moment.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Beaches

Ten minute drive to Gulf of Mexico beaches. Water temp about 85.

I grew up near the beach in NY and now live about a 45 minute drive to the Jersy shore-great beaches but lots of traffic. It wasn't until we lived in Cincinnati and were 11 hours from the ocean that I realized how much it meant to me. Still can't wait for our annual trip to Aruba in 5 weeks to walk out of the romm onto the beach!

Getting closer to retirement and we know the ocean will play a big part in our choice of location.

Cahoon Hollow Beach in Wellfleet Massachusetts (Cape Cod) There is a place called the BeachComber. It's great place to go. They serve food,drinks etc... bands play at night for the younger crowd. I'd much rather be on the beach in Aruba though (since the water is a lot warmer) but the Cape Cod National seashore has some very nice beaches.

http://www.thebeachcomber.com/
    Last edited by BostonLager; 05-30-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling

I grew up on Puget Sound, Seattle WA. the water was a little cold, but hey when your a kid who cares? Now live in AZ. 6 hrs. to San Diego!

The beach and boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ are pretty busy today for so early in the season.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

I grew up near a beach 20 minutes from my home town never spent to much time there while growing up Have pool in back yard for past 15 years and spend all hot summer days there. ( Not alot of them in up state NY) Yeah Dana you got it right Rum rum rum.... maybe a little coke with the rum.... While thinking of Aruba in March with more rum rum rum!!!

Love it when 2 weekends of 90 in May give us a headstart to summer at our Lake Michigan beach. Cool off with a big splash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you have a beach "at home"?-may2010splash.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast